What size RV do we need - traveling the country for 2 years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CosmicTraveler

Two of us will be touring the country for 2 years towing an Acura Integra.  We've decided we want a diesel pusher.  Are there any problems finding camping sites with longer rigs.  We were looking for a 30' to 32'.  They seem hard to find.  Is weight a concern?

I believe Winnebago makes a 32 foot Journey DP. That should present few problems when looking for camp sites. We've found few problems with our 38 foot DP.

Weight is a concern to some extent, but it's a function of the capacity of your chassis. For an explanation of weights and capacities click the Library button above, then click the RV-related how-to's category and select Weight capacity calculations.

32 feet is considered relatively short here (for a motorhome) and most campgrounds can easily handle a 32 footer.  Exceptions will be wilderness area parks such as may be found in our National Forest system and some state parks, but the campground guides (Woodalls or Trailer Life) will usually warn if the roads or sites are restricted in size.

Weight is rarely a concern until you exceed about 11-12 short tons, i.e. 22-24,000 lbs. Even then you won't be inconvenienced unless you want to travel country lanes. Most highways can readily handle 26-32,000 lbs and major highways handle 40-60,000 lb rigs.  The size of motorhome you are considering will likely put you in or near the lower weight category and should be almost no concern wherever you want to go.

Just so you know.. RV's come in only two sizes

Too small and Too expensive

I have a 37' that I kind of like,,, but to be honest I could use something larger, however for other reasons, 37' is a bit bigger than I really like to park.  With towed it's 59' long, very long

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom