what style weight distribution system should I get?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trent741

Ok, I have a Silverado 1500 2wd, going to tow 25' tt with a tongue weight of 400#. Which is best to get, the round bar style or the Trunnion style,  I am going to get the dual sway instead of the friction bar....I just need to know which of the 2 distribution systems to get...Thanks!!!

No, it's that I need to get one real soon and there has got to be some difference between the two or they wouldn't have two different styles. And if I am going to make a small investment in a system I would like to get what is best

The round bar units are slightly lighter duty (10,000-lb trailer GVW) vs the trunnion units (12,000-lb trailer GVW).  I use the trunnion units -- the same unit for 15 years.  The trunnions appear a bit easier to attach to the ball mount than the round bars.  They can be lubed, tho I must admit that I rarely do so, with little apparent wear.

Oh shoot, go with the trunnion mounts unless they are a helluva lot more.

By the way, for a neato word for Scrabble, do you know what the sockets the trunnions fit into are called?

Gudgeons.  ;D

I have used the trunnion types for a good many years and have had no problems with them. They are much easier to install than the round bar type. I have used them on heavy equipment trailer, open car haulers, travel trailer and now with an enclosed car hauler. No problems with any of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom