What to store in those dinette chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I have 4 dinette chairs and one for a desk, all of which have a seat which flips up to reveal a shallow storage area. Seems cool, but I can't really think of what would be useful stored there. Anyone using this storage? If so what have you found it useful for?

We have used them to store dog treats and extra collors/leashes, cards, regular playing and Uno. Note pads, pens and pencils, a couple of coloring books, crayons, and colored pencils for our Granddaughter. Just use your imagination. They were pretty handy for being a place for easy to reach items.

We have the booth and table...However we use the storage for surplus Paper towels and plates. I also keep my Air compressor stored there. But might not be a good idea for a chair you want to move. ;D

We store extra printer paper, envelopes, note pads, things of that nature. Very handy having it in the chair next to the desk.

Vicki

CD,s DVDs? Junk that usually goes into a drawer that you could free up?  Tea towels, hand towels, paper serviettes, your diaries?  Books?

We have them and like them much better than the bench style.
I keep our check books and file folder in one and my charts and maps in another .
My wife keeps maps and tax info in one and in the other she keeps a calendar and recipes and a recipe book.

Jack L

shorts said:
We store extra printer paper, envelopes, note pads, things of that nature. Very handy having it in the chair next to the desk.

I like that for the desk chair

JackL said:
I keep our check books and file folder in one and my charts and maps in another .
My wife keeps maps and tax info in one and in the other she keeps a calendar and recipes and a recipe book.

I have a nice little desk area with drawers so I keep office stuff there, but the map books is a good idea

jackiemac said:
CD,s DVDs? Junk that usually goes into a drawer that you could free up?  Tea towels, hand towels, paper serviettes, your diaries?  Books?

Diaries? Boy would that be boring reading if I had one!  ;) ;D

The napkins (as we Mericans call them ;) ) is a good idea. Already have DVDs in a canvas organizer in the entertainment center behind the TV.

Re the "junk", that made me consider the kitchen "junk drawer" . I could move the contents of that to one of the chairs. Hmmmmmmm....

Gizmo100 said:
We have the booth and table...However we use the storage for surplus Paper towels and plates. I also keep my Air compressor stored there. But might not be a good idea for a chair you want to move. ;D

My last two rigs had booth dinettes, something I insisted on for the storage. (Never did put my air compressor in there tho...  :eek: ;) )

kdbgoat said:
We have used them to store dog treats and extra collors/leashes, cards, regular playing and Uno. Note pads, pens and pencils, a couple of coloring books, crayons, and colored pencils for our Granddaughter.

No dogs or grandkids yet  :( (thinking seriously about dogs tho...)

Rene T said:
My DW does allot of sewing and she keeps her material there. You could do the same Scott.  :eek: ::) ;D :D

Great idea Rene, but then where would I put all of my hair and makeup products?  ;) ;D

Back2PA said:
My last two rigs had booth dinettes, something I insisted on for the storage. (Never did put my air compressor in there tho...  :eek: ;) )

Works quiet well...and the plug under the table means I never need to move the compressor :) :)

Attachments

• bench use.jpg
    bench use.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 37
kdbgoat said:
We have used them to store dog treats ...
I don't recommend this if you have a 100 pound mastiff pitbull mix. I assume my boy would just eat the chair if it smelled like treats! Lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
I don't recommend this if you have a 100 pound mastiff pitbull mix. I assume my boy would just eat the chair if it smelled like treats! Lol
You just love a challenge girl!

kportra said:
Flasks of Vodka?

DING DING! That's the answer I was looking for. The serviettes are going to have to live elsewhere! (Sorry Jackie  ;) )

kportra said:
Flasks of Vodka?

Back2PA said:
DING DING! That's the answer I was looking for. The serviettes are going to have to live elsewhere! (Sorry Jackie  ;) )

Making note to self...If I ever Meet Scott...Make sure to check the chair for a Adult beverages..... ;D

Scott if your stocking your chairs I prefer Kentucky Whiskey 8)

Gizmo100 said:
Scott if your stocking your chairs I prefer Kentucky Whiskey 8)

Funny you mention that. I was thinking some nice bourbons in one, tequila in another, perhaps some nice single malts....

I need more chairs

Back
Top Bottom