What type of adhesive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

climberbob

I have plastic molding around the front tire wheel well that is coming loose. What type of glue would be good for that?

Wondering, Could there be some screws that have come loose and all you need to do is tighten those or take the molding off, break wooden match sticks in the nail holes level then put everything back in place?

Say, ClimberBob, are you a technical rock climber? I spent 30 years on the crags, but I was always a better sailor than a climber, if ya catch my drift. Had some good climbing friends though, those guys could send 5.13s and whatnot, with me it was more about being in primo wilderness venues, aye? My ability was limited to 5.10d or so, though I once pulled a 5.11a boulder problem, lol... however, I could outsail those climbing heroes any day of the week, drunk & blindfolded, so there was a trade-off, lol. I was also drawn to direct aid climbing, solely due to the gear used in such ascents... I loved hanging in slings high on a wall or overhang, kinda like a human spider, yeah? Those guys I mentioned were good enough to free some aid routes, lol. Meh, more power to 'em... my "hard" climbing days are over, but I'm thankful to have known & participated in the sport, and known of such radical climbers as Dan Osman, Dean Potter, Steph Davis, et al. Nowadays, my hero worship extends to wingsuit pilots, even the dead pioneers like Jeb Corliss, Dean Potter, and a few others. Bad@$$ pioneers, the lot...

My perception of adhesive that I found on my wheel wells, was double stick foam. I replaced some and found that it did not stick as well as it did from the factory. I ended up running stainless self-tapping screws into the metal bar behind the trim. Have had no problems since then. Covered the screw heads with touch-up paint.

Back
Top Bottom