What's 50 amp service mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Confused by the 50 amp service terminology, as I once was? Click here for an explanation.
[edit]Link update[/edit]

Tom said:
Confused by the 50 amp service terminology, as I once was? Click here for an explanation.

Good as far as it goes but remember that you cannot draw 50 amps continuously and it reduces even further on a hot day.  Count on 40 amps.  It's the nature of the circuit breakers.  :-((

Jim

James Godward said:
Tom said:

Good as far as it goes but remember that you cannot draw 50 amps continuously and it reduces even further on a hot day.? Count on 40 amps.? It's the nature of the circuit breakers.? :-((

Jim

Very good point Jim.  I don't think many folks even consider ambient Temp have an effect on circuit breakers.

I note that the Winnebago article says they power only the rear air from one leg, at least on certain models.  That's a Winnebago engineering choice and not inherent in 50 amp hook-ups. Winnebago isn't the only one that does it that way, but it isn't universal either.

Back
Top Bottom