What's in a name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuttyzoomzoom

Bwahahaha. The story of my *name.*

I learned to ride a motorcycle when I was 14 thanks to my neighbor. When I turned 16 I wanted an MGB. I ended up with. '66 Mustang. Fast forward, married, couple kids, 'stang long gone. when I turned 50 I found a Honda Shadow I wanted. Fam thought I was nuts. (I am) didn't get the bike, but bought a '75 MGB. Then a '66 MGB in pieces that dahubby did a full restoration on. We became very involved in !Gs and the local club. I became a bit of a carnut and very fond of running the MGs. we do a lot of rallys, I run an annual endurance rally (24 hours) and last road trip vacation was 7500 miles, 9 states, 3 weeks in the '66.

When my son and dotinlaw were pregnant with their first, there was a running storyline about what the kidlet would call me. No Nana, no Memaw, No Granny. Was no nickname I remotely liked. One afternoon an English friend in our car club said the way you always zip around in your car, you should be called Nonny Zoom Zoom. I THOUGHT she said Nutty Zoom Zoom. and there it was!!  My 3 grandchicklets call me Nutty. I love it.

long story, sorry ya asked?
So there ya have it.

What ya know, I'm a car nut too, been a motor head all my life. I've built a couple drag cars in my years. I sold my tube chassis Grand Am after my heart attack in late 2010, and bought me a corvette convertible, love it too. I still fund my sons race car and pull it to the track with my Challenger quite often. nothing like having the things of  home at the track with ya.

I know exactly what a Cougar is. It's that yaller-colored job my Mustang left on the bridge on the 4 lane straightway between Dupo & Cahokia by Futura Drive-In. Owned by Jimmy Parker.

92GA said:
What ya know, I'm a car nut too, been a motor head all my life. I've built a couple drag cars in my years. I sold my tube chassis Grand Am after my heart attack in late 2010, and bought me a corvette convertible, love it too. I still fund my sons race car and pull it to the track with my Challenger quite often. nothing like having the things of  home at the track with ya.
chuck, you'd get along great with dahubby. his brother ran drags YEARS ago (before I was in the pic) and a broinlaw ran modified on quarter mile dirt for 20 years.  He's my wrench for anything with wheels and an engine!

You know why so many Mustangs have those two broad stripes going from one end to the other? That was put there by my 69 428 Cougar Eliminator running over them.

nuttyzoomzoom said:
Well phooey.  Guy on the Hurricane just called.  Someone called last night about it, went and looked at it just now, put a deposit down.  Owner said they came to a deal, guy's coming back Friday to test drive.  I get seconds if it doesn't sell for some reason.  Wish he had told me that this afternoon when I called, we were literally 3 minutes from walking out the house to drive an hour to see this.

Easy come, easy go.  :( :(
The Hurricane looked like a nice coach. Appropriately priced for a 33' coach without a slide in my opinion. Not necessarily a "Great deal". If it wasn't that clean I wouldn't touch it for over $9-10K. There are a lot of rigs out there for sale. I'd be careful about buying one without a decent main slide. It will be hard to get rid of when it comes time to sell.

Funny. Odd, my Mustang didn't have stripes but Jimmy's yaller cougar had two fat black ones...

What's worse than drinking from the toilet?driving a '67 cougar.

Here is my 2 cents worth:  I bought my MH off of craigslist several years ago.  I'm happy with it, but it only has one slide and I wish I had two more.  I don't think I will ever buy another MH unless I win the lotto, but if I did, I would definitely look for one with a couple slides. 

The great thing about Mustangs is that they came without doors. They did however give you a can opener so you could put the door where ever you wanted it. 8)

SeilerBird said:
The great thing about Mustangs is that they came without doors. They did however give you a can opener so you could put the door where ever you wanted it. 8)

Speed kills.
Drive a Cougar.
Live forever.

Back
Top Bottom