What's Up Peeps??? From Wyoming With A 1975 Terry Travel Trailer!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask specific questions about your TT. Many of the systems are similar or the same in other TT models. Lots of knowledgeable members here willing to help.

That's awesome! Just a few things about the Duo-Therm Furnace and how to start it. Does it require the battery to start?

Not only does it require 12V to start, it requires 12V to run the fan and everything else. It can get the 12V from the battery, the converter (when plugged in), or both. It will be battery hungry on the battery alone. You normally start it by selecting "Heat" on the thermostat and raising the temperature to at least a few degrees above ambient.

That is an old furnace if original, it may require lighting a pilot light, unlike the more modern ones that use an electronic starter.

RockyV said:
That's awesome! Just a few things about the Duo-Therm Furnace and how to start it. Does it require the battery to start?

If I remember correctly it is a match light furnace.  It will need 12VDC for the fan.  Same for the refer and water heater.  If their original they will also be manual light standing pilot items.

Hey! I actually got the furnace to work! I had to manually light the pilot. Didn't know I had to do that. It started right up! So pumped!!! Not sure about the fan, but it is producing heat. Now onto the refrigerator!
Modify message

RockyV said:
Hey! I actually got the furnace to work! I had to manually light the pilot. Didn't know I had to do that. It started right up! So pumped!!! Not sure about the fan, but it is producing heat. Now onto the refrigerator!
Modify message

Again the refer will be manual light standing pilot.  Before you try lighting it open the back up and take the cover off the roof.  Using a brush clean the chimney, then using a vacuum clean everything up down low.  Be sure to also clean the burner orifice.  While you cleaning everything look closely for any yellow stain on the tubes.  If you see any its usually a sign thst the coolant has leaked out.  If that is the case, DO NOT try lighting the refer.

Back
Top Bottom