Wheel balance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

I have purchased a set of Duallyvalve to solve my valve stem problems. My tires will need to be dismounted to install them, and re balanced. I read on this forum about balancing beads. Anyone have information on them and or any other recommendations on RV wheel balancing ?

Thanks,

Jack.

We use Equal in our tires for balancing.  IMHO the old lead weight technology is out of date.  We have always had better results with Equal for tire balancing.

smokeater1 said:
I have purchased a set of Duallyvalve to solve my valve stem problems. My tires will need to be dismounted to install them, and re balanced. I read on this forum about balancing beads. Anyone have information on them and or any other recommendations on RV wheel balancing ?

Thanks,

Jack.

I use Equal also with very good results.

If you want to take an easier route, just put old golf balls in.  They don't gum up your  valve stems.

I talked to some 18 wheelers who use them in all 18 tires! Very economical and works the same as beads or Equal..

We've used Equal in our motorhome tires for years.  Cost is the same as spin balancing, and much quicker.  You must use the correct valve stems or they can get clogged with the powder, but with the Equal manufacturer supplied stems, we've never had a problem.  Wingfoot even gave us some spares when we installed the last 2 tires with Equal.

I would think golf balls would make a terrible racket at low speeds.

Bob Zambenini said:
If you want to take an easier route, just put old golf balls in.  They don't gum up your  valve stems.

Bob

Think of what damage they do to the wheel rims :'(

Thanks everyone for the info.....now to find a good RV tire shop. Anybody trust camping World ??

Jack.

smokeater1 said:
Thanks everyone for the info.....now to find a good RV tire shop. Anybody trust camping World ??

Jack

I just had 6 new Michelins installed on my coach. CW had the tires on sale and the best price around at the time and no payment or interest for one year.
It took them a while to get the tires in stock, scheduling the install was a little difficult and they ordered the wrong tires so it was another week's delay waiting for the correct tires. When the tires were installed, the install instructions that I had given the service rep were not given to the installer, some could be corrected, one could not. The install was OK and the tires are running good.

Thanks for the CW update. I guess each store is probably different. In my area I have called a few tire stores that say they handle RV's, but so far none were interested in just dismounting and remounting, although only too happy to sell new tires !

Jack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom