When do you pull over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Albslb2:

You said, "Sometimes it's nice to do things for unsuspecting others. "

How true!  I

n the MD-DC area last year the TV media uncovered a gentleman who had a habit of going through toll booths and not only paying his own toll, but handing the toll attendant an extra payment and asking them to let the people behind him through for nothing.  He had no idea who was behind him, but just did it as a nice thing to do for an "unsuspecting other".  I have been meaning to try that myself.

WOW.  Now that is a great gesture.  Let's see on the Tulsa turnpike thats about $15 for my rig. LOL  Anyone want to pay in advance for me?  LOL  Shucks  Don't everyone volunteer at once now.  Only kidding but would take if you insist. LOL

I will pull over at a convenient place whenever there are more than 4 cars behind me on a rural road or highway, or when my rig is unable to maintain posted speed limits (like on long steep inclines). On Interstates, I just try to make it obvious that I'm in no hurry by maintaining the posted speed and stay to the right lane whenever possible. That's not to say that I'll stay behind another vehicle that's even slower than me, it's just that I won't become an "obstacle" in the road for other drivers.

My Motorhome is 33 years old. Most people who see it think it will not make it around the next bend, or up the next hill. Suprisingly to them, It just keeps on going, like the energizer bunny!

As far as courtesy towards other (car) drivers, I'll take the slow or right hand lane every time. If I'm driving my Motorhome, I'm camping and travelling, not working, so I'm in no hurry; pass me as you wish!

;)
Tom and his old Winnebago

? ?

Back
Top Bottom