When good ideas go bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JIGGS

Is it just me or have other people had a great little vacation planed out only to have it gone bad.I have just returned from a four day vacation. Went to a new capground it has every thing you could ask for. This place even has golf cart paths through the woods that went on for miles it seemed like. I go to leave and the mh will not start. the new battery was dead. My brother took my charger and never brought it back. jumper cables did not work. Found a pair that did work from my neighbor and got it started. As i am going down route 60 . A drive tire blew lucky I guess only being 15 miles from the camp. I took the back roads and got to the grounds okay. OOPS now wait when I turned on the road to the camp I drug my trailer against the road and bent the tough and jack. Now i finished my trip This all happened in 30 miles. The last night their my golf cart breaks down. Yes in the middle of the woods and just before dark with a big storm coming. Did I mention I had my mother with me. Who is on oxygen full time and can only walk like ten foot before she gets winded. Never thought I would say this but i am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow
Thanks for reading this. I just had to blow off some steam. jiggs

Jiggs,

We have all had days like that and it seems like the end of the world while it's happening.  However, in times to come, you'll relate this story and wonder why it seemed like such a big deal at the time.  All problems can be solved and diminish in importance with time.

Yes, it helps to write it down or relate it to someone else.  Just don't let it discourage you.

How does that song go:

Our great men have written words of wisdom, to be used when hardships must be faced.
Life obliges us with hardships, so those words of wisdom shall not go to waste.

To us, and our misfortunes, be happy, be healthy, long life
And if our good fortuner never comes, here's to whatever comes
Drink LAKIHAM to Life

(Note, my spelling is bad enough in American English, make it something else and I'm totally lost)

Yes I have to agree with the above. When we are laid in the Sun on a beach somewhere. We ask ourselves how we come to deserve it? My signature says it all. We had a website (disappeared now) called 'The Trials and Tribulations of Full-Timing in an American Motorhome'. As I usually say to newcomers on a forum (having been there myself) - May your travels be many and your troubles few. Happy RV'ing.  ;)

Back
Top Bottom