When you take it home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
For folks from the UK planning to come to the USA, buy a large diesel coach and ship it back, don't forget you might have to contend with the attached when you get home.

Attachments

• MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 107
Tom,

That reminds me of a road Terry Nathan mentioned. They got into this one town and the people had to close the shutters on the houses so they could get through! :)

Jim Dick said:
people had to close the shutters on the houses so they could get through!

LOL Jim, I think Terry would do just fine on this road, but I probably wouldn't drive the Burb on it.

That road looks as wide as the road in front of the house we lived in while living in Tokyo Japan.  No way to get something the size of  the Eagle on our street in Japan.

SOunds about right Ron, from memories of my visits to Japan. When I took that pic my friend and I were out for a walk and were hoping a car didn't come by.

Reminds me of the time i had to winch some tourists from a road in a village called Port Issac in Cornwall,they got wedged in so far they had to remove the sun roof to get out the car.As it is the campsite we are staying at is called Gnome World  ,i will have to put a few around the motorhome and send a photo or two

;D Hi Tom.  :eek: That looks just like some places I went in my old Coachmen Classic in France and Spain.  :eek:

Hi John and Sandy, Glad you joined us.

You're brave people driving your Coachmen on a road like that.

BTW that photo wasn't taken in either France or Spain, but I can imagine similar roads there. For this one, go the opposite direction, cross the Severn Bridge and head west on the M4.

;) You are talking about Wales then Tom.  :D I ahve not been there yet in our RV. We have mainly toured Europe. We are coming over to Florida at the end of October and doing a 3 month tour before we ship the RV back to the UK. I was going to do the Interstate 10. But it looks like the Hurricanes have spoiled that route a little. It will perhaps give me a reason to head up and visit Nashville and Memphis. We are meeting German friends in California for Christmas. So any advice and places to visit would be welcome.  ;)

JohnSandyWhite said:
You are talking about Wales then Tom.

Right you are boyo  ;D

I ahve not been there yet in our RV.

Thanks to the new rules enacted by the Welsh Assembly, they might not let you in. Allowing "foreigners" to cross the Severn with their big tents and fancy caravans led to many of them buying holiday homes in Wales. I think the locals learned from past mistakes and don't wish to have large motorhomes spoiling the landscape and causing traffic bottlenecks.

give me a reason to head up and visit Nashville and Memphis.

Personally, I'd skip Memphis. When we were there my wife and I commented how Brits, for example, would be lured by the Elvis thing and would find themselves in a pretty drab place. If you have to go, figure on half a day for Graceland, then get out of Dodge.

meeting German friends in California for Christmas.

Which part of California? We're in the San Francisco bay area, but have done most of the touristy things in the state when various family and friends visited over the years. This year we dubbed the "British invasion" because we had visitor after visitor, but it was fun seeing family again and renewing old friendships. Also good to get caught up with the gossip from the valleys.

Tom said:
Personally, I'd skip Memphis. When we were there my wife and I commented how Brits, for example, would be lured by the Elvis thing and would find themselves in a pretty drab place. If you have to go, figure on half a day for Graceland, then get out of Dodge.

In my single visit to Memphis, I skipped Elvis and instead visited Mud Island. I got enthralled by a scale model of the entire Mississippi river system with flowwing water and kids splashing through it.

Russ, the scale model is something I would have liked to have seen.

BTW I skipped Elvis too - I stayed in the coach across the street while Chris visited Graceland.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom