Where are you all this beautiful November day? (2012)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

I'm setting at Lazy Days (FL) hoping to find a new(er) MH. No Joy, but at least its warm and the pool is heated.

Ernie

Ps If anyone should see a Winny Journey 34y in the wild, let me know.

We are parked @ Tennessee's Disaster Relief Mission Mobilization Center in Mount Juliet, TN. I am building cabinets for their new building for the workshop and volunteer break room. We have a lovely view of the sunrise from our dinning room table.

Earnie n Tara,
  I saw this one out my window here in Texas;
http://www.mhsrv.com/2009-winnebago-journey-34y-w-3-slides-including-a-full-wall-used-diesel-pusher-tx-i670675 

They've got it all fenced in, it's just waiting for someone to come set it free.

On the shores of Lake Travis, Austin TX.  Warm 65 degrees, anticipating 80 today and clear skies.
The grass is still green, fortunately someone else has to mow it, not me.  Niece gets married here
tomorrow.

Sitting on the patio just south of Swinney Switch Texas catching up on what I've missed on the RV Forum the last couple of days while working too many hours.

Currently watching a Cardinal cruise around a couple of Mesquite trees while a hummingbird checks out the feeder being entertained by the neighbors 6 month old kitten trying to figure out exactly how she's going to get that hummingbird back home to show "Mom".  The hummingbird is in no danger but the kitten is learning about physics the hard way, by the way, they don't ALWAYS land on their feet!!

Hi Stella,
We are parked in Sahuarita, Az on a fenced 1/3 acre (full hook ups). Not much around us but desert and a couple mobiles and 1 other MH. We enjoy the desert, so its pleasing, but not as colorful as some fall locations.

Been in the high 80s and 60ish at night. That darned snow storm will be pushing cold air down this way and we're expecting a cold snap first of next week. Not to worry tho, it will warm again quickly.

Not far down the road are miles of pecan groves....nearly harvest time. This weekend they are having a pecan festival with lots of craft stuff and other venders. We plan to hike the 2 miles over there and see what its all about.

Have a good day.

Foto-n-T said:
...6 month old kitten trying to figure out exactly how she's going to get that hummingbird back home to show "Mom".  The hummingbird is in no danger but the kitten is learning about physics the hard way, by the way, they don't ALWAYS land on their feet!!

Never get tired of watching that. Kittens are so active - hit the ground, roll a few times and then back to "the hunt". On the other end of the spectrum, our 14 yr old cat has been known to give himself a good stretch mid-nap and fall off the couch in the process. He hits the floor, gets a quick "what the hell?" look on his face and just goes back to sleep!

Working.  My "office" today is the Snow Peak communication site, 7920 ft. above Banning, CA.  It's one of the translator sites for KCRW, and new construction earlier this year made us put up a temporary satellite dish to feed the transmitter.  Now we're erecting a pole and raising the dish 8 ft. above the ground in anticipation of the snow accumulation this winter.

I didn't take any pictures, but here's a description of the site.  Beautiful views towards Palm Springs to the east, the Morongo Valley, I-10 and the windmills to the south, and Beaumont/San Bernardino to the west.    Nothing but a wall of more mountains to the north.

http://www.mountainzone.com/mountains/detail.asp?fid=4739956

Lou,
You've got an excellent view of my Bounder from up there!  It's down at Ray's in Banning.

Jeff

Since early this morning we have had about 4" of something white and wet.  I believe I heard someone say *SNOW* but that can't be as it is not Christmas let alone Thanksgiving yet!  There is more predicted.  At least the roads are clear but wet.  Could be icy in a little while as it is now 30? and getting colder.

Sure is pretty though!

Well so much for our Indian Summer!

Hmmm.. No pictures this time but a nice quiet day in front of the computer looking out 4 big windows. Looking out at a passing snow storm watching the white snow collect on the deck outside. Nice warm fire burning in the wood stove down stairs. As evening start to come watch the deer walking through the yard looking for fallen apples to eat.

Time to hibernate...  ;D 8)

Bill - I am in Zion and the weather here looks dreadful. Skies are really overcast and rain is predicted for tomorrow. Hold of driving if you can.

Was/is windy here at Bryce, we had rain overnight, but p/c this morning.  Bryce to Kanab, not that far, and puts us where we need to be for next week. 

I just returned from a two-month cross country RV trip. It's time to rest, and it's good to be home in Florida again.

Back
Top Bottom