Where do you look to find a good deal on a used RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

I would really like to find a good deal on a used diesel rv.  I'll never afford a pusher, but pullers and class Cs seem to sell at lower prices.  I'm looking for a really good deal on something from the late eighties.  Craigslist mostly has bad homemade bus conversions and the local paper has no useful information.  the rigs on eBay seem to be selling at ABOVE book value.  What sites should I look at for an older RV?

Several Sites, but again you have to always be cautious and use your own descretion.  RVonliine. com, RVclearinghouse.com, PPL, and others.  Right here in this forum there's units for sale.  Depends on what you are looking for.  Heck even mine is for sale but I really don't want to sell it, cause I'd just have to buy another and got this one the way I want it.  Too many memories with it,  like it runs off and leaves the wife at the Flying J, LOL  only kidding.  Many units are available out there.  Look around and test drive any and all and then make up your mind.  Always be aware of what  MaMa likes about the kitchen,  This is vital.  Most of us drive Class A and have worked our way up from campers or Class C.  Not a great $ difference when buying used, and in my opinion makes a better family vehicle.  Also you can buy a better quality unit forless $ if it's a year or 2 older then others.  That again is only my opinion,  I'm sure others will disagree and for sure that their right to do so.  No matter what you do, stay with the forum and good Luck. You have any questions just ask,  you'll be surprised how many pro and con answers you can get.

See, my thing is that I am living in the RV while I go to college, so I don't need a lot of space.  My little Toyota RV is almost big enough for me (I'm a bit of a packrat.)  But there is a hitch: I make biodiesel, but own a gas RV.  All of the biodieselers make fun of me and none of them want to be my friend.

What I really REALLY want to do is get a diesel rig, and hippie around the country on Used Vegetable oil during the summer.  I have thought about dropping an old Mercedes 300d diesel into my rig, but that would be complicated and expensive.  There was an Allegro puller with a Cummins on eBay that I almost bought but I would need to sell my RV quickly and it isn't quite ready for market; so I had to let that one go.

I need it cheap, diesel, and good enough to live in.  Westfalias, LeSharos, Phasars, and Vixens won't work.

Just keep hitting the ads and eventually? you'll find a unit.? ?Maybe you can find one that is decent on the exterior and good runig gear, but needs TL on the interior and you can get a good deal.? ?That way repairing the inside could be done a leisurely pace.  Also you might try some of the RV salvage yards from info in the Library.  Ocassionally they may have one that can be redone/;.

You might chat up an RV dealer near you and find out where he wholesales the trade-ins he gets and doesn't want to keep on the lot.  You can get some really good deals if you don't mind a fixer upper.

Try HERE and mention John from UK

He's got a lovely Fleetwood there at the moment ;) ;)

Or will get you whatever you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom