Where is Ex-Calif?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the lookout everyone... I posted a bunch of stuff about my activities in my other thread. Been busy.

I also had a significant health scare. I ended up collapsing at the RV park and paramedics were called in. I displayed dementia and paranoia and then collapsed.

I apparently had been developing diabetes with an A1C score of 7.4 - for calibration 6.5 is the floor and at 11-12 you are on insulin.

Complicating matters was that I had a bad bladder infection (sepsis) and in 60 year old people that can lead to Diabetic shock with the symptoms I had.

TBH it was life altering. They said in about 2 hours I could have gone into a coma and in about 12 ours I could have been dead!

So the bladder infection was knocked out and my GP has me on a 3-month trial of diet and exercise. I have lost about 15 pounds and am determined to get down to 200# again. Glucose numbers have been great since I started the diet.

As a side benefit I did 4 days in the hospital and had a full cardio and brain work up including contrast CT of the brain and Echo Cardiogram of the heart. The best news is my heart is as strong as an ox despite all the boys in my family having stents or bypasses.

I also got a chst xray and as a lifelong smoker I was pleased to have no spot or any signs of cancer.

The only thing left is to do a COPD test to check out my breathing. I hate that test but it is scheduled.

Still lots to do around the Ranch and houses so I will be in and out.

Great to be alive and great to be back...

Glad things are going well for you Dan, you had us all worried. Be very careful about losing too much weight. I lost about 65 pounds a few years ago and I had to buy me an entire new wardrobe. I went from a large to a medium.

Glad you’re doin better. Seems lots of times we have to adjust our life style around 60. Heck as far as A1C I don’t know if mine has been down to 7.0. Doctor wishes but at 7.2 or so I have to be very careful with sugar meds now or I border diabetic shock! (Low sugar) and need a little sugar right now!
Anyhow, glad you’re doing better, keep it up.

Wow Dan. Glad you recovered. Well done with the weight loss. It's not easy.
Thanks everyone...

I am pretty determined when I set my mind to things. When the doc says lose 50lbs or be a diabetic, that seems an easy putt to me.

Already I can feel the difference. I haven't been able to tie my shoes without holding my breath for like 10 years - LOL...

Thanks everyone...

I am pretty determined when I set my mind to things. When the doc says lose 50lbs or be a diabetic, that seems an easy putt to me.

Already I can feel the difference. I haven't been able to tie my shoes without holding my breath for like 10 years - LOL...
I am glad you are ok. Two years ago I reached my obscene weight of 210 and I to could not tie my shoelaces or trim my toe nails. I even went to a nail shop in the mall and paid $5 to have my toenails trimmed. I decided to go back to my high school weight of 155. It took me six months to lose it and that caused a huge problem, none of my clothes fits. So I had to rebuy my entire wardrobe from shoes to hats. But I had to wait six months to be sure I didn't yo-yo. I discovered shirts, shorts and underpants in a spandex/cotton style that I really love. They don't hold moisture so they are very comfortable and easy to wash and dry here in Florida.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom