Where should I go to find a good RV Rally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodyswagon

I am looking forward to attending a RV rally but where do they have them? I am in st.louis and dont want to drive more than 400 miles unless its really worth it.

What happends at an RV rally??

Thanks

I too am from the St Louis Area (Collinsville and Highland, ILL)  and have never found a decent RV rally anywhere near.  Since moving to AZ  NO 1 is Quartzite, 2 Moab, 3 just name a place and some will showup.

What happends at an RV rally??

About what happens at a house party. The major difference at an RV rally is that everybody brings their own house. ;) People eat too much, beverages of all types are imbibed, people sit around and chat about their rigs, the state of the world, their grand children and things they have done/seen recently.  There may be games, campfires, sing-alongs or whatever. Depending on what the area has to offer, there may be sight seeing trips, golfing, etc.  Maybe even professional entertainment.  Some rallys have catered meals while others will feature pot luck dinners.  In short, there is no standard RV rally format.

It really depends on the folks organizing it and the desires of the attendees. Our RV forum rallies tend to be free flowing, with little in the way of organized events beyond  an afternoon "social hour" each day and ad hoc dinners (pot luck or dine out). Other clubs go in for gatherings in venues that have entertainment, catered meals, etc. It all depends on what you are most comfortable with and find most enjoyable.

Try contatcing a local Good Sam club in your area and see if you can come to one of their rallys. Most GS chapters have arally somewhere every month. But if you do not find it to your liking, don't write off rallies altogether - just try some different ones.

Woody,

Many RV manufacturers put on rallies with various activities, education and entertainment. Often, they'll have a team of techs on hand to perform repairs. Also in attendance may be techs from the suppliers of various RV appliances and systems. For folks with a motorhome, FMCA (the Family Motor Coach Association) organizes some large rallies which are a larger version of the manufacturers' rallies.

You can view activities from some prior RV Forum rallies by clicking the Photos button above. Photos from the 2006 Quartzsite rally can be viewed here. (Reminds me I didn't add them to our photo gallery).

Woody  If I recall there is a Rally club in Springfield IL and perhaps one in Springfield , MO  I vaguely remember those two, never did attend.

The Illinois Good Sams hold a state-wide Samboree at the Marshall Country Fairgrounds in Henry north of Peoria in July I believe.

Also the FMCA holds a Midwest rally each year as well as monthly chapter rallies if you are a member. You can check out the schedules here

Back
Top Bottom