Where to stay between Phoenix and Moab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

Hi

I'm heading to the rally in Moab toward the end of April.  However, I plan to leave Mesa around the 11th or 12th.  Portal is full for the Jeep show until the 17th.  Any cool (temperature and ambience) places to stay for 5 or 6 days in between?  Full or partial hookups.

--pat

Cortez, Colorado (visit Mesa Verde and Hovenweep) (2 hours from Moab)

Monument Valley....Gouldings has hookups, the Navajo park has a campground without hookups but with awesome views

Flagstaff, Arizona

Grand Canyon....trailer village with hookups or the NPS campground with no hookups

Bluff, Utah....neat town with an old fort, petroglyphs, Anasazi ruins, rafting, awesome red rock cliffs

I heartily second Gouldings at Monument Valley.  It splits the trip nicely and provides some great scenery.  The Gouldings CG is full hook up and is in a nice box canyon surrounded by red cliffs and with a view of the Valley mesas.

Having stayed at Gouldings as well as the Indian campground we prefer the Indian campground even though it has no hookups.  The scenic views from the Indian campground are far more magnificent than looking at the cliff at Golding's.  Now if one is going to stay for several nights then maybe a night in Golding's to dump and take on fresh water would be a good plan.

Thanks.  Gouldings sounds like a practical stop.  I'll phone them in the ayem.  I'm more interested in hookup than scenery. 

--pat

Pat,

Here are a couple of photos I took at Gouldins a couple of years ago:

• View from the campground.
  • Our coach in the CG.

You won't get cell reception or WiFi there, but they do have a phone hookup in the laundry room.

Attachments

• Gouldins_view.jpg
    Gouldins_view.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Gouldins_site.jpg
    Gouldins_site.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 52
Tom,

Great view shot from Gouldings.  However, you gotta do something about the suspension on that rig of yours --- helluva list to port.    8)

Carl Lundquist said:
you gotta do something about the suspension on that rig of yours --- helluva list to port.? ? ?8)

I thought so, too. Was going to ask if he took the picture after happy hour and HE was listing to port !!

wendycoke said:
I thought so, too. Was going to ask if he took the picture after happy hour and HE was listing to port !!

Maybe, but one would thing that a Welshman would lean to starboard after happy hour.

LOL that's an optical illusion. The coach was actually levelled with the jacks. So maybe it was me who was listing to one side  ;D

How about the sober view!

Doug

Attachments

• Gouldins_site_sober (Medium).jpg
    Gouldins_site_sober (Medium).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79