Which Club or To Join For Discount RV Camping Prices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gc24

I have Passport America and not real sure if that's the answer. I have heard about Recreation USA, and of course K.O.A. Alot of them are CG's in the booney's and not real attractive. Would like to hit the NP's and stay for a few weeks at some or maybe that's not the answer. Looking to hit the West( NW, SW, Rockies). Any suggestions. I have heard that alot of Mobile Home parks allow you stay there with your RV for entended times also.

If you are  62+, a Golden Age pass will get you 50% off camping fees at all federal campgrounds - NPS, NFS, and Corp of Engineers.

We like Passport America - you only have to use a couple nights a year to break even and there are plenty around.

I would not recommend buying a membership in a club such as Thousand Trails or American Resorts unless and until you are sure you will utilize them enough to make the upfront cost and annual fees worthwhile.  Then shop around for a low-priced resale or a facility with a promotional sale - you can save a lot of money that way.

Thanks. I don't quality for the Golden Age, but I do for the PA. I have AARP also.

gc24 said:
I have Passport America and not real sure if that's the answer. I have heard about Recreation USA, and of course K.O.A. Alot of them are CG's in the booney's and not real attractive. Would like to hit the NP's and stay for a few weeks at some or maybe that's not the answer. Looking to hit the West( NW, SW, Rockies). Any suggestions. I have heard that alot of Mobile Home parks allow you stay there with your RV for entended times also.

We have PA. I think you'll find KOA is a LOT more expensive. We found in our travels west the past couple of times that PA worked pretty well for us. Most of the parks were very close to the highways and, though they are not premiere parks, they are more than adequate for a night's stay and some are very nice for several days. The nice thing about PA is you get your money back after just a few nights. Other membership campgrounds such as Coast to Coast can be very expensive to join and sites are not always available. Of course they offer you a site at their full price. Not sure how true it is but I've heard some of them won't even let you drop it. You must continue to pay until you sell the membership. I have no first hand experience with that and have no desire to find out! :)

Your right. KOA is alot more expensive. What about parks that you want to stay for 2 weeks to a month? Seems like a pain to only stay for a night or two and then pack up again.

gc24 said:
Your right. KOA is alot more expensive. What about parks that you want to stay for 2 weeks to a month? Seems like a pain to only stay for a night or two and then pack up again.

IMHO if you have Passport America you have one of the best deals financial wise the other would be the Escapees organization.  The Escapees have several parks all of which are very nice.

gc24 said:

You can usually stay longer but would have to pay their full rate after the days for PA ran out. We hit one this year near China Lake that told us we could stay at the PA rate for as long as we wanted. Not normal but nice to run into when it happens. :)

Most membership campgrounds have a limit on how long you can stay. We feel PA is most beneficial while traveling. When we stay for an extended time we pick a campground by location and amenities. If it happens to be a PA that's great. If not we live with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom