which microwave oven works best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leisurepaw

I would like to know which microwave oven works best on inverted power I have 3 12 volt deep cycle batterys and 195 watts of solar power my inverter is an xantrex 1500 watts continuos and 3000 watts surge I would prefer not to start the gen to heat a cup of water or make pop corn thanks

Howdy, Leisurepaw.
I have used a GE Spacemaker and a Sharp on a 2000 watt inverter without any problem. I can't remember how long I did run the microwave on the inverter but I was cautious. I reheated some frozen spaghetti sauce and I think that it took 10 minutes.

Regards,
Liz

Hi Leisurepaw,

We have owned nothing but Sharp and have run them a lot on the inverter. Not long periods of time at once but many shorter intervals. Never have had a problem.

Your biggest potential problem is the three batteries.  Most microwaves draw at least 1000 watts, meaning a continuous load of around 90+ amps from the batteries.  Even a few minutes at 90A will drop the voltage severely and may trigger the low voltage shut-off on the inverter.  New batteries will probably handle it, but aged or abused batteries may not.

For your purposes, a smaller (lower power) microwave is better.  Or increase your battery bank to four batteries, which spreads the load better.

An electric coffee pot is a much easier load to handle than a microwave, but that won't pop your corn for you.  :D

Thanks for your help I think my microwave is to big it is a 1350 watt GE which is on the edge of my inverters contrinous  rating of 1500. my batterys are new and my cables are short and bigger then needed I will be looking at smaller micro's thanks again leisurepaw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom