Which RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carbonbiped

Hi all im based in London UK and im looking to purchase an RV with a large garage big enough for my Harley

So which RV ? there are limited RV camps in UK & Europe unlike the States so ill be boondocking mostly around Europe ! so far Ive picked up that ill probably need to increase battery power and add solar if it is not already fitted, because of boondocking im also thinking Ill need self levelling and also an alarm system that works on mobile telephone network to alert me of trouble.

Because of our laws it has to be a max of 40' so your thoughts experiences would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

There are lots of tow haulers on the market.  The biggest hurdles I see is 120VAC 60Hz, vs 220VAC50Hz.  Not to mention door, plumbing and electrical all on the wrong aide for UK.  Then there is the difference in propane connection.
Once you over come those things, alarms?  Not going to happen.  Just not something people consider over here.
Now, you might consider a smaller motor home and put the bike on a trailer.  Might be more versitile for European roads.

donn said:
Now, you might consider a smaller motor home and put the bike on a trailer.  Might be more versatile for European roads.
I agree, most RVs that you drive do not open up in the back end to load your Bike.  Now it calls for a 5th wheel trailer/ Travel Trailer Toy Hauler, and those are rather large in size and require a 3/4 to 1 ton pick up truck to pull them.  Find a motor home that will meet your needs, and an enclosed trailer to haul your bike. 

Since Freightliner discontinued their FRED (front engine diesel) chassis around 2009 there are not many options for class A toy haulers, though there are some that are on Super C chassis (medium duty truck cab with house built onto the back. 

I have always been partial to the Safari Simba Toyhauler models built between about 2005-2008

I don't have any opinion on the Super C toyhauler models out there, I just know I have seen a few, so know they exist

This does leave you with the option of carrying the motorcycle on the back on a lift, something like http://hydralift-usa.com/motorhome-lift-2/ or https://www.cruiserlifts.com/

Thanks that's great info  and I love the hydra lift ! never seen it before gives me greater options as I dont want to tow as speeds are restricted to 55 or 60mph in Europe also I dont like my pride & joy in the weather so thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom