Who makes gooseneck campers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duluth Diesel

I have two trucks that are already set up for gooseneck pulling. NOT 5TH WHEEL. Gooseneck.

Do any camper maufacturers make a camper with a gooseneck hitch rather than a 5th wheel?

I don't want to have to put two new hitches in these trucks. I also am leary of 5th to goose hitch adaptors. Any thoughts on those?

Thanks!
-Chuck

I don't know of any trailers that come with gooseneck connectors, but my next door neighbor removed the fifth wheel pin and replaced it with a gooseneck adapter.  He pulls a 36 foot Mobile Suites.  He has had no problems with the hitch arrangement. That type of hitch seems to make sense for those who are also using the pickup for towing other gooseneck trailers like hay or horse trailers. The adapter looks strong, but it does put a bit more twist on the trailer plate.

Try this website, there are also others I found when searching.

http://www.aluminumtrailer.com/php/products/toy_haulers/06/index.php

You can get both removable gooseneck adapters and  conversion kits that change a fifth wheel to gooseneck.  We have at least a couple members here using the goosneck adapters and they have reported satisfactory results.  Hopefully they will see your inquiry and offer their advice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom