Whoa! Do I have a lot to learn!!!! Newbie from Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donhaller

Hi all! I'm from Maryland and have been bitten by the RV bug. I have been researching online and watching YouTube videos for almost a year now. We have rented a popup and just on Labor Day rented a Summerland Mini 1600 TT and stayed in the KOA Resort in Chincoteague, VA. We really enjoyed ourselves and am now looking harder at buying something to begin using next spring. We need something a bit larger than the 1600 but were comfortable with just the two of us and our dog. No kids, so we don't need lots of sleeping room, but still want to be able to stretch out inside when it rains.
I own a 2017 Silverado 1500 with a tow package. I did use the weight distribution hitch and friction sway bar on the trip and learned about that stuff. The ride was great and had no issues coming or going. I would like to add larger mirrors, a brake controller and a backup camera for the trailer though. I love the Rockwood Roos and Mini-Lites but still looking. Will be attending another RV show this weekend in Timonium, MD. I'm looking forward to learning from the forum. Thanks for having me

Attachments

• rental_rig.jpg
    rental_rig.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 17
welcome from Montgomery County!

Hershey,PA is having their Rv show this weekend.  Largest in the country.

The truck will determine what you can safely pull.  The salesman will tell you anything to sell you a camper,so know your payload before you sign anything.

We went to Chincoteague KOA last year.  Our campsite flooded,I'm not sure my husband could be convinced to go back.

Castaways in Berlin,MD(Ocean City)  is pricey but very nice.  A dog beach on the bay,as well as a people only beach.  Good food from their carry out. 

Let us know what you wind up with!

Pugapooh said:
welcome from Montgomery County!

Hershey,PA is having their Rv show this weekend.  Largest in the country.

Very Cool - Might have to see if we can pull that off instead of the Timonium event. Weather is kinda up in the air though

The truck will determine what you can safely pull.  The salesman will tell you anything to sell you a camper,so know your payload before you sign anything.

Yup... I have a good handle on that and know my boundaries well. Although when dreaming, I'd like to go heavier. However, I really don't have the need or the budget so I'll stop at my limit.

We went to Chincoteague KOA last year.  Our campsite flooded,I'm not sure my husband could be convinced to go back.
It did pour down rain one night and the tenters were swamped

Castaways in Berlin,MD(Ocean City)  is pricey but very nice.  A dog beach on the bay,as well as a people only beach.  Good food from their carry out. 
Was that once called Eagle's Nest? If so, I have camped there many times in the past.

Let us know what you wind up with!

The Mini Lites are nice, they have one with a Murphy bed you might like.  The Roo, keep in mind, those end tents need to be dry when put away for storage, can be a pain to deal with, let a LOT of morning light in, like up with the sun.  My wife and I have a 21', good enough for weekend / week trips.  You sure can find good deals on Trailers a few years old, and all the bugs are already worked out.

Castaways is on Eagles Nest Rd so must be the same place.  We would like to check out Frontier Town but they seem impossible to get a reservation.  Going down to Luray,VA tothe Jellystone in a few weeks.  Any suggestions for campgrounds?

Welcome to the friendliest forum.
You say you like to stretch out and relax? What do you sit in in your living room?

Are you from the good side of Maryland or from the Western Shore?. ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom