Who’s familiar with mini split AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that you say that Tony, it may have been Mitsubishi that advertised that. Now I wonder if they all do that.

I doubt that the cheapo units will. As I said before, I've probably installed over a hundred units in the 4 years before I retired, most of them Mitsubishi, and never had a warranty call.

I doubt that the cheapo units will. As I said before, I've probably installed over a hundred units in the 4 years before I retired, most of them Mitsubishi, and never had a warranty call.
Thanks Tony. Looking forward to what your friend has to say about auto start up.

You had said there just about enough Freon to do about 15 meters of pipe which is about 50 feet. So if I had one air handler let’s say 30 feet away then there is enough Freon but if I went with two air handlers 30 feet away, there would not be enough Freon. Have I got that correct?

Rene

One interesting configuration I saw was a single condensor with two evaporators but with a selection switch. The condensor could run one or the other of the evaporators but not both. In the advertisement one of the evaporators was in the living room and one in the bedroom, at night when you went to bed you just switched to the bedroom evaporator and in the morning you switched back. Is that something you could use?

Rene

One interesting configuration I saw was a single condensor with two evaporators but with a selection switch. The condensor could run one or the other of the evaporators but not both. In the advertisement one of the evaporators was in the living room and one in the bedroom, at night when you went to bed you just switched to the bedroom evaporator and in the morning you switched back. Is that something you could use?
I don’t think so. I could just shut one off using the remote which would do the same thing. And we would be going back and forth between rooms so we’d would be opening and closings doors all the time. At night, mama is on the bed doing her thing like reading or certain tv shows and I’m in the living room doing my own thing.Thanks for the thought

Rene, twin splits are charged with refrigerant slightly differently. Depending on make, they normally have sufficient for the outdoor unit, both indoor units and a given length of pipework. A lot depends on how the manufacturer has designed the system. Some have separate pipework from each indoor unit all the way to the outdoor unit. Others have one set of pipes to Tees which must be positioned at a point equidistant from each indoor unit. Your chosen installation engineer should be able to calculate the exact charge once installed, and add what is needed.

Last edited:
Shame Florida is not on our schedule once (if) we get back out to the US 🤔

Rene, my mate ran his air conditioning and then cut the power. Waited 30 minutes then restored the power, after 5 minutes the unit restarted itself on same settings. I don't know about multisplits doing the same thing.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom