Who's interested in a possible fall rally in the UP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful area, we were through there 3 years ago, spending a week looking around; crossed to Canada at Sault St. Marie on our way home from the West.

Beautiful area, we were through there 3 years ago, spending a week looking around; crossed to Canada at Sault St. Marie on our way home from the West.
Phil we'd love your advice for touring the area. We're planning to spend 2 - 3 weeks in the UP and possibly fit in a 4 day RV Forum Rally while we're there. People would be welcome to caravan with us to other locations.

We'd love your recommendations on "must see" sites.

Thanks for your help!

Jay, no problem. I'll simply contact the CG and check out its policies.

BTW Jay are you interested in a UP rally or have some constructive input for those who are interested?
I have not camped in that area, but its been on my list of locations to visit. But fall of the year is not the best for us. The temps are not favorable for the DW and especially me. But we will keep an eye out and see what you guys come up with anyway and if it fits our limited travel this year..

Max, I don't recall many of the details. We generally just mosey along with no reservations. We followed the southern shore of Superior, noting attractions that caught our interest. When we stopped at a convenient campground we would spend however long it took to go back with the toad to explore. Don't recall having any bad experiences along the way.
Safe travels.

Hi Laura and Charles. Where will you be staying in northern Michigan and the UP? It'd be great to hook up.
Hi Max,
We have several different destinations:
Near Traverse City,
Land o Lakes, WI (on border of MI UP),
Sault St Marie,
near Mackinaw City
Those are in order from July to last week of August (which is open).

A fall trip would be great. We always like to take fall color tours and this could fit right in. The last two years the UP has been crazy with all the new RVers and people wanting to get out. I would bet you need to set the rally up early and get commitments from people. With or w/o hook-ups works for us. The fall can be crisp but that is fine. Our new RV has a Truma furnace and we tested it out at Taquamenon Falls in March. All four season in Michigan are fantastic. End of September is out for us. I will be canoeing in Michigan's Sylvania Wilderness that last week. So far all other fall dates are open.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 019 IMG_0114 m.jpg
    019 IMG_0114 m.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 5
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
We will be headed back to Wis and Michigan I believe in the Fall. We usually travel after labor day to avoid the summer vacationers. We would be traveling from Nevada. Please keep us posted to the dates and location.
Thanks, Bob & Susie

My DH, Eric and I are interested in a fall trip to the UP. Is anyone interested in joining us?

Matt C agreed to be on my planning committee. I know several Forum Members have traveled to the UP and would have great advice.

We're haven't returned from our 3 month adventure to the SW but we're ready to start planning our next two adventures

My DH, Eric and I are interested in a fall trip to the UP. Is anyone interested in joining us?

Matt C agreed to be on my planning committee. I know several Forum Members have traveled to the UP and would have great advice.

We're haven't returned from our 3 month adventure to the SW but we're ready to start planning our next two adventures.
Eric and I probably won't be organizing a UP fall rally. We decided to buy a different home and that means selling our current house. In other words we have a lot on our plate this year.

We're haven't returned from our 3 month adventure to the SW but we're ready to start planning our next two adventures.
Hi I am headed up there in around the first part of August. From Salem OR to Negaunee MI. I will take Hwy 2. I have family up,there. I haven’t been back in 40 yrs. I am very excited for the trip. I am open to any suggestions for the trip. David

I know the idea of a mini rally in the UP has kinda fallen apart, but we’re still going to be knocking around there for a couple of months. Anybody else still have the UP in their sights?
We’ll be in Land O’ Lakes, WI (about 8 miles off Rt. 2) from 7/22 to 8/4. Heading to Sault St Marie and Macinaw City area from there.

We're currently in Wabigoon Ontario, heading for Thunder bay and on to Sault st. Marie by the end of next week. Where we go after that depends on whether we can get back in to the US.

We are planning a trip mid October to see the fall colors. Planning on Tahquamenon Falls and a couple other parks. Weather last year was 70's and 60's for most of the month and didn't hit freezing temps. Hoping for more of the same weather.

Flash mob definition from Wikipedia:
A flash mob (or flashmob)[1] is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression.

One of my favorite ones, not just a classical music piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom