Why didn't anyone tell me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skookum

Being a Ford F53 chassis, there are quite a few mods that can be done to improve the driving and handling of the chassis.

Henderson/SuperSteer know more than almost everyone else. The rear Trac Bar may be very useful on the F53 to prevent the rear end wiggle. RV & Motorhome Replacement Parts - SuperSteer

Charles

My dad has a new-to-him 2016 Tiffin Allegro/F53 and he was stunned at how loose the suspension felt compared to his old Trek/Workhorse. He had a set of Sumo springs installed and says that fixed it right up!

Something to consider on an F53 without a bagged suspension.

LarsMac

With the several caveats in that thread, Just telling someone it can be done seems to be asking for trouble. You know how people are.
"You can do this, but,..."
I know a lot of people who will hear "you can do this," and stop listening.

Boat Bum

With the several caveats in that thread, Just telling someone it can be done seems to be asking for trouble. You know how people are.
"You can do this, but,..."
I know a lot of people who will hear "you can do this," and stop listening.
I feel the thread provides sufficient warnings, I can't protect against stupid; I said perhaps.

jadebox

Why didn't anyone tell me ....

That the truck's engine has to be running to retract the motorhome's slide-out but cannot be running to retract the awning.

Actually, I am sure that someone told me, but it still took me a few minutes to figure out why the awning wouldn't retract yesterday.

Top Bottom