Why do we keep getting Chinese Spam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've observed it's "older" folks that don't understand that anything they see or hear on their phones can be fabricated by anyone. So they see something pop up on their phone from "samsung" to install a "critical update". Or one a relative of mine recently got bitten by, someone from "microsoft" called, took control of her PC and put on who knows what malware.

Just read a study where it said the younger generations And I think it was pre-20) are more likely to fall for this kind of stuff.... I know I've not been bit by it... yet.. and I'm over 70... I've had lots of lines in the water but this Phish is not byting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is roughly the middle of the month. Mine's the same...3rd Wed. My wife's was the 2nd Wed.
This is how itā€™s determined when you get paid:
For most beneficiaries, the payment date depends on your birth date. If you are receiving payments on the record of a retired, disabled or deceased worker (for example, spousal or survivor benefits), that person's birthday sets the schedule.

Here's how it works:

• If the birthday is on the 1st through the 10th, you are paid on the second Wednesday of each month.
  • If the birthday is on the 11th through the 20th, you are paid on the third Wednesday of the month.
  • If the birthday is on the 21st through the 31st, you are paid on the fourth Wednesday of the month.

53 new spams this morning. A little less than usual. Perhaps I get many because I have had this email (@aol.com) account for a very long time and use it most often. I have other email accounts where I get very little spam, but I rarely use them.

-Don- Auburn, CA
I finally gave up on aol, gmail, and all that ilk for a more secure email service. Not absolutely secure, but more secure.

It wasn't SPAM that pushed me out, though,... it was the service itself harvesting information from my emails, while having this whole privacy theater where you get to check boxes and feel good.

Meta (Facebook, etc.), Alphabet (Google, etc.), ByteDance (TikTok, etc.) and all that ilk are hyper intrusive and fundamentally evil.

(BTW, do I get points for using "ilk" twice in the same post? ;) )

I think we're in an era where just as the economy has shifted from manufacturing to service, providers of services and products have discovered there's vastly more money in hustling than there ever could be in straight dealing. As I was in the kitchen midday yesterday a series of 30 second ads on the television selling everything from extended car and home warranties, to a pill that a senior attests will definitely improve memory, to a bath remodeling outfit that will tear out your existing tub or shower and install a completely new one in a day ( I can only imagine) and they'll finance it too. It occurred to me that not one thing I'd just seen was going to deliver on the implied expectation and there's not a thing their legal prey can do about it. I think where hustling was more the exception 40 or 50 years ago, it's now the rule.

Last edited:
I got a text this morning that was obvious spam/scam - used terms like "your account", "subscription" and "bill due" with a link. Unfortunately, some folks will click on the link and get taken - or have their personal info compromised. It is sad that very little can be done to prevent this from happening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom