Why we love the media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

So, this feed was in my Yahoo mail this morning.
Is this a classic of 'click what you feel' mentality.

edit: please no politics, this is just for fun (or fact). Both sides are guilty, if you have other fun examples, please post. How about we only post pictures, no cartoons, no written comments, nothing altered.

1659874195302.png

Last edited:
Well different "experts" different opinions of the facts very good chance all are wrong and/or biased.
And it's kind of hard, politically, when the post presents info like that.. (Who is right the "Things are looking up" "experts" or the "Things are looking down" ones? (not my field so I don't know, also not interested in researching).
I will say this EXPERT
EX-Has been
sPERT (Spurt) A Drip under pressure.
(Not my joke belongs to a lollypop cop, (Community relations officer) I met.... LONG TIME Ago. )

Everybody has their own opinions and they all stink. Without being able to read the actual articles we can’t ascertain the content. Many times the article heading says something different than the article. I did read that lumber prices are coming down. That’s good news for me since I will be building a deck with stairs and a ramp onto our cabin. I haven’t watched the news since we got rid of cable. I do read some online but I’m moor interested in reading folks reactions to the articles. Some funny stuff there.

Most of those look like "info-mercials", where the headline is the bait and the article a thinly-disguised ad for a service of some sort, probably real estate or mortgage financing in this case. I get a lot of similar headlines on automotive topics that end up being mostly links to car ads.

News has never been free.... it's always been paid for by advertising. If you get news "free" to your inbox, there's always a catch or some kind of click-bait.

This is my reminder that Yahoo! hasn't been relevant for a very long time.

News has never been free.... it's always been paid for by advertising. If you get news "free" to your inbox, there's always a catch or some kind of click-bait.

What sources do you consider relevant?

Since verizon got them, dragged them down and then sold them off last fall it has been a downward spiral.

What sources do you consider relevant?

I was just commenting on Yahoo as a company (and perhaps a search engine). Their Finance section was good for some time. They do some in-house reporting, but a lot of what they do is rebroadcast stuff from the AP and other outlets.

We pay for a handful of news sources, and I do a lot of reading online. Including fringe -- but I'm aware of their perspective/agenda and read it exclusively for that.

I loved the ending sentence in my farm newsletter on land prices. “This outlook could be altered at any moment due to unexpected changes in a multitude of factors.”

Well, that about covers anything and everything, huh.

I prefer to simply read the report. Draw your own conclusions.

I will say that all real estate is local. Looking at state or national data is not very useful unless you want a gauge of the US economy.

US Housing Report
All relative. I own a house that is all mine, but isn't anything special. 1500 SQ FT. My daughter's future inlaws live in a house that is fairly new in the foothills of the Appalachians outside of Greenville, SC. 4000 Sq ft and looks like a castle compared to mine. Theirs is worth $639K. In my neck of the woods here in So Cal, that house would be worth somewhere in the $3M range. My dump of a house just reached a saleable value of $1M. Problem is, if I don't move out of this state, I couldn't buy anything else to replace it. That's CAli for you.

I'm Reminded about a click bate I say some years back.. As I recall it was
"Why do the Clintons never talk about their Daughter Tiffany?
Of course I new the answer... Tiffany is not their daughter (She's a Trump) The former Miss Clinton (She's married now) is named Chelsey.
But it took me a while to stop lauging at the stupidity of the click bater.
OH and if you'd like to know why Clintons don't often talk about Chelsey.
Don't like to brag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom