WI company wont support troops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:mad:

I went to the Snopes site and read the story. I decided to check further and clicked on the Discount Matts web site.

Not Available!  :p Their server seems to be having a problem!  ;D

I just wish I was one of their customers, so I could quit dealing with them!

I note that this thread is probably OT, but I'm glad I saw it, anyway. Hope it stays.

Ray D

Personally I hope the SOBs go Broke and the CEO has to pay thru the nose and loses everything he ever accummulated.  They should be banded from the American Market as well as the rest of the companies that follow their trend.  The boys serving as well as the past service men are the reason those Bast-----s are in business.

;D Shane: Why don't you tell us how you really feel?  ;)

(Just kidding.  ::) You said it better than I did. )  ;D

Ray D

Ray,

I, too, tried to check their site to see what it was all about. Had to smile broadly when I was not able to access their server due to technical difficulties.  ;D ;D ;D I wonder what will happen now??

Many possibilities - too many to mention. One possible circumstance I can think of is that some ding-bat employee-dude went off on a personal/political toot, unknown to management. That would be too bad, but one I have thought of. Had that happen to me, once. Fired the employee, of course, but recovering was a challenge. Fortunately, that was before the internet. Don't know how one would handle it, these days.

The rest of the story is that this does likely represent the views of management and justice most likely, will be served. Snopes attempted to contact them and was rebuffed. I really would have liked to see a response. The absence of that response-disclaimer is damning. 

;D I suspect justice is starting to work, already. More technical difficulties on the way.  ;D

Ray D

Hi

If you look at the snopes website you will see the story is marked with a yellow ball.

That colour coded ball "identifies a statement of undetermined or ambiguous veracity." - not a true statement.

I certainly hope this business doesn't suffer as a result of a potential hoaxer.

But, even if this wasn't a hoax, do you not allow people to have their own views in the USA? - not everyone supports what's happening in Iraq, and they are just as entitled to air their view as you are yours !!

I thought "witch-hunting" went out of fashion a few years ago.

In fact, for all the people complaining, perhaps a few emails to the various Forces questioning why the troops havent got the kit they "need" would be time better spent.

Just my view - not intended to start a lengthy debate.

Paul

As of 7:00, Mountain Time, the Snopes cite has changed its response. It now rates the story as undecided, due to the possibility that an unauthorized employee may have vented his personal opinion without the knowledge or agreement of his employer. At this time, the company has still not responded to Snopes inquiries.

Stay tuned.

Ray D

UK-RV: I see we saw the same change and posted almost at the same time.

Your points are well taken, and this is a free country where people are free to disagree. Lots of folks are not pleased with the war in Iraq, for lots of reasons.

I think a discussion about the pros and cons of the war are outside of the interests of this forum. Treatment of our citizens, including our soldiers, is not outside. We have international members, and they have a right to comment, also. They have no obligation, no reason, for personal loyalty to our soldiers.

Some of us, however, draw a line at our own citizens for hitting our troops, personally, as opposed to taking issue with the politicos. Whomever in that company, for whatever reason, attacked our soldiers in the field. It's different from a political attack on a politician.

I am not a Vietnam vet. I'm older than that. But, I am a vet and was when the Vietnam vets were getting spit upon by some in our country. I too was spit upon and struck with a stick, because someone thought I was a "baby kiilling veteran" at that time. I was not carrying a sign, not involved in any demonstration, just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone decided, correctly, that I was a veteran. You can't see the wound and the blood is no longer on my face, but the memory is quite fresh. I won't be forgetting.

You gotta agree that that was a dumb response to a potential customer, regardless of who made it.

Ray D

In case anyone cares:

[email protected]

Registrant:

Faisal Khetani

PO Box 270693

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227

United States

Registered through: Teknon Domains

Domain Name: DISCOUNT-MATS.COM

Created on: 23-Mar-05

Expires on: 23-Mar-08

Last Updated on: 03-Mar-06

Administrative Contact: HYPERLINK
"mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]

Khetani, Faisal Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com

3259 S.106th Street

West Allis, Wisconsin 53227

United States

(414) 543-9634  Fax --

3259 S.106th Street

West Allis, Wisconsin 53227

United States

(414) 543-9634  Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET

NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM

NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET 

--

This is not really a comment on this company but many times I've seen stories like this where there is a "Rest of the story" and I do not like to jump to a concussion (What you get when you jump head first into a conclusion) without knowing the whole story.

John In Detroit said:
This is not really a comment on this company but many times I've seen stories like this where there is a "Rest of the story" and I do not like to jump to a concussion (What you get when you jump head first into a conclusion) without knowing the whole story.

With the website registered to a person named "Faisal Khetani" would you expect a different response to the soldier's request?? Just curious.  ???

Richard

This story is everywhere! I decided to try local, to get whatever is there. Free speech is going to be costly for Mr. Khetani, I would guess. I found a lot of unfavorable, unsubstantiated stuff. Found one local media source:

http://www.earlyspinblog.com/

http://www.earlyspinblog.com/

Mr. Faisal Khetani really needs to respond to someone, and soon. I'd hate to be the guy who had to try to rein this story in!  :eek:

Ray D

Edited to try again on the hyperlink.

our freedom to speak our minds is written in the blood of those who chose to serve at level that is all at once honorable and brave. i am not surprised that some times that freedom flies in the face of everything we believe in. but that is just the way it is. cant have it one way and not the other. the author is an idiot.

Ok, well though it appears that the company's response to the Sgt was a bit over the top, It also appears that the REAL reason they won't ship to Iraq is that they do not ship to APO (Army post Office), One also assumes they don't ship to FPO (Fleet instead of army, it's the Navy/Marine version)

There are several reasons for this.  I have asked for shipment via a specific carrier on many items only to be told, rather sternly, WE ONLY SHIP _________"  (no understand I have dealt with the idiots at the name that fills in that blank and I really do not want to pick up another shipment from them EVER!!!!)

It may be that their shipper don't know APO from Hole in Ground (or rather that thing often compared to said hole)

Though I do admit telling the Sgt to get out of Iraq is over the top, uncalled for and useless and the company does deserve to be properly rewarded for that.... Now telling the Presidink,, That might (or in case of the current one might not) help. but WE THE PEOPLE kind of did that last November... BIG TIME.

UK-RV said:
But, even if this wasn't a hoax, do you not allow people to have their own views in the USA? - not everyone supports what's happening in Iraq, and they are just as entitled to air their view as you are yours !!

I thought "witch-hunting" went out of fashion a few years ago.

In fact, for all the people complaining, perhaps a few emails to the various Forces questioning why the troops havent got the kit they "need" would be time better spent.

A good reminder a) not to believe everything you read because it's on "the Web" and
b) that this is a country which prides itself on tolerance of others' beliefs, within reason.

Happy RVing.

I've been watching this on Snopes.com for a week or so.  It's been marked "true" every time I've read it.  The company vice-president who blamed it on an out of control employee has had adequate time to respond with a statement saying the company doesn't feel that way and apologizing.  He hasn't done so.  The site is marked "updated January 22, 2007."

When I see this sort of story all I can say is, "Not again!" 

I was one of those crazy, "**** Baby Killer" Vietnam vets.  When I came home I couldn't get out of San Francisco International Airport without being attacked by a large, overweight biker used to intimidating people.  I put up with enough abuse in my home town that I left early and reported to my next duty station.

I will also say that the soldiers given this treatment will never forget it.  One of the reasons the VA is getting overwhelmed with claims of baby-boomer Vietnam vets for PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), even though they didn't complain before, is we're seeing another generation getting mistreated while in harms way and when they come back.  It hurts us as much as it does them, and it brings back memories we'd just as soon forget. 

Blaming the war on the warrior is beneath contempt.

Additionally it is REALLY bad business.

One last note UK-RV: "In fact, for all the people complaining, perhaps a few emails to the various Forces questioning why the troops havent got the kit they "need" would be time better spent."

While I don't expect you to understand or appreciate US Army methods, companies have funds allocated for civilian items such as this that might be necessary or helpful in an unusual environment but not worthy of putting into the supply system.  Buying them online would probably be the most expeditious means.  An army supply system can be quite flexible for combat related items, but floor mats would fit under company funds.  The only one deserving an email questioning anything would be an executive at the company involved.

Back
Top Bottom