Wi-Fi Vulnerablities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you just love that commericial for Apple Mac's where they talk about how there are no viruses for MAC's.  Well, this is not  a virus, but it's interesting to note he broke into a MAC

Yeah, it's interesting ;) I think that no one is immune today.....I use Fireox as a browser because I got fed up with IE. However FF is now being attacked :'(

??? I've never had any problems with IE. Provided the Firewall, Anti-Virus and Spamkillers are active and stay away from those sites (we all know) usually have virus' attached. You should not have any problems. I have AOL but hate it. Tried FF when I was having some download problems that I thought was the fault of IE (It wasn't). Didn't particularly like FF. I will stick with IE. Happy surfing and RV'ing.  ;)

woodartist said:
Yeah, it's interesting ;) I think that no one is immune today.....I use Fireox as a browser because I got fed up with IE. However FF is now being attacked :'(

One of the big differences I see between FF and IE is that with IE when a vunurability is announced it's a few days of boating down De nile before a patch is released to fix it.

With FF it tends to be OPPS, here's a patch.  I've seen Firefox update and grab the patch before I got to the news article describing what was just patched... Never seen IE do that, not once

I use FF with Zone Alarm, AVG ( anti virus), SpyBot Search and Destroy, Adaware, etc. Never personally had a problem but know of folks who did, using IE Explorer. Even if IE was air tight, I still prefer FF. Opening pages in tabs is a real plus. As FF gets more popular I'm sure the crackers will start attacking it more. Right now MS seems to be the lightening rod ;).....and maybe deserved?

"It looks like it wasn't AirPort Extreme but a third-party Atheros driver that was the cuprit. Thanks to the readers below for pointing that out." from:
http://macslash.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/02/2118257&mode=thread
As usual, any anti-Mac news gets wildly blown up. Wait for the follow up before posting snide comments.

I can't say anything about MAC viruses as they do not aply to Macs.

I posted as an FYI and not an anti-Mac post. The article also mentioned Windows could also have a problem. Macs don't get viruses???? Hmmmmm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom