Wife's early Christmas present

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaycomlok

We bought our 5th wheel little over a year ago. Dealer had it in stock but didn't have the electric fireplace which was a option on ours. She's wanted one ever since she saw one in a rv. So she got one for Christmas this year. Just installed it this evening and she soooo happy.

Attachments

• Fireplace.jpg
    Fireplace.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 139
When we bought our new motorhome, the only thing my wife insisted on was a fireplace. I didn?t care one way or the other at the time, but will readily admit to liking it after using it a few times.

Jaycomlok said:
We bought our 5th wheel little over a year ago. Dealer had it in stock but didn't have the electric fireplace which was a option on ours. She's wanted one ever since she saw one in a rv. So she got one for Christmas this year. Just installed it this evening and she soooo happy.

I'm guessing that last night the heat was turned on in more ways then one !

Jack L

JackL said:
I'm guessing that last night the heat was turned on in more ways then one !

Jack L
  :)  I'm sure

one question did you wire in a special circuit for it of plug it into an existing outlet?

I had a "Mini" 750 watt of heat in the RV. due to reasons I won't go into it went to trash.
750's are ok on RV wiring but I do not trust those blasted uni-box style outlets at double digit amps (12.5 amps for 1500 watts  I put in special circuits for electric heat.

That's a feature Chris has looked for in all the RVs we've looked at to replace our existing coach.

SWEEEEEEEET - congrats we have one in out Toyhauler and its invaluable it puts out enough heat to keep that thing warm on chilly nights - enjoy  ;D

Tom said:
That's a feature Chris has looked for in all the RVs we've looked at to replace our existing coach.
That's a nice feature in our Ventana, Tom. On cold mornings, I turn it on as soon as I get up, to supplement the furnace and, other than heating the basement, it minimizes the furnace running time. It's nice, though on occasion (not often) I wish we had a couch there instead.

John From Detroit said:
  :)  I'm sure

one question did you wire in a special circuit for it of plug it into an existing outlet?

I had a "Mini" 750 watt of heat in the RV. due to reasons I won't go into it went to trash.
750's are ok on RV wiring but I do not trust those blasted uni-box style outlets at double digit amps (12.5 amps for 1500 watts  I put in special circuits for electric heat.

Existing circuit-only other thing on it is the tv.

I suggest you run a dedicated line from the power distribution box to the fireplace.  The camper quality receptacles leave much to be desired at higher amp loads!

We have TWO fireplaces in our FW from the factory!  One in living room, one in bedroom.  Only one can be used at a time - SPDT switch to select which one.  DW likes them so well, last Christmas I got her one for the stix & brix bedroom!

We have a portable unit, we can put it away in warm weather.  It sticks out a couple inches were we put it, but it is nice.  No spot to install perm mounting.

I got one that dose not have heat.  I use it as a night light and gets turned on as part of my cool down routine before bed.

grashley said:
I suggest you run a dedicated line from the power distribution box to the fireplace.  The camper quality receptacles leave much to be desired at higher amp loads!

I have seen what's left of a few of those outlets after a 1500 watt load.

2nd the above.  BIG TIME second

Remember some folks still make house calls... like the Fire Department.

grashley said:

We have TWO fireplaces in our FW from the factory!  One in living room, one in bedroom.  Only one can be used at a time - SPDT switch to select which one.  DW likes them so well, last Christmas I got her one for the stix & brix bedroom!

I set a new receptacle behind the fireplace. The line to the tv receptacle ran through the space where I put the fireplace to up behind the tv. I took that loose mounted a new receptacle behind the fireplace then from there to a new receptacle for the tv.

thumped said:
I got one that dose not have heat.  I use it as a night light and gets turned on as part of my cool down routine before bed.

I never tried that, but since on my fireplace I have to turn on the heat separately I could -- worth a shot. Thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom