Wilderness forum/message boards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, but you might find one dedicated to all Fleetwood products, of which Wilderness is one.

There really isn't much of anything unique about a Wilderness - trailers are pretty much a breed and the differences are in the details.  Were you looking for any particular info or help?  We owned a Wilderness Yukon about 10 years ago...

Gary,

We saw a Wilderness AX6 with a front living room that we really liked.  I was looking to get some insight from others who own Wilderness units as to the frequency of problems, likes & dislikes with Fleetwood warranty service, things that tend to break, etc.  I have found that on other owners forums and you can find out lots of interesting stuff from them.  I will look for a Fleetwood forum.

Thanks,
Ken

kmcisaac said:
Gary,

We saw a Wilderness AX6 with a front living room that we really liked.? I was looking to get some insight from others who own Wilderness units as to the frequency of problems, likes & dislikes with Fleetwood warranty service, things that tend to break, etc.? I have found that on other owners forums and you can find out lots of interesting stuff from them.? I will look for a Fleetwood forum.

Thanks,
Ken

I have owned a Fleetwood trailer for about 10 years now.  There were a bunch of petty QC issues with the unit at the start:  light switches miswired, trim only tacked down and coming loose;  120 VAC outlet hanging on the wall largely on faith alone.  I rewired the switches, glue gunned down the trim, and braced the outlet with some small lath.    That was it -- the problems were not worth schlepping back to the dealer for.

All the appliances, the water heater, furnace, toilet,  power coverter and A/C are covered not by Fleetwood but by their manufacturers:  Dometic,  Suburban, Atwood, etc..  Every trailer mfr uses the same array of stuff from the same vendors with only variations between one or two.

kmcisaac said:
We saw a Wilderness AX6 with a front living room that we really liked.?
Thanks,
Ken

Is this the pull behind unit?  Humm, rear bed room slide with the king bed option, walk-thru bath?  338FLDS?  Does that sound right.  We have the unit that is just flip-floped from that unit.  Front bedroom, with the slide. 

So far, the only problem that I have had with the unit is the water heater.  On our unit, it is in a poor location.  Right under the drip rail.  When the igniter get wet, it takes a couple of tries to get the water heater going.  Other then that, there has been no problems in the 1 1/2 years that we have had the unit. 

Grumpy

Grumpy,

The Wilderness Advantage AX6 with the front living room is a 5er and the model is 365FLTS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom