Wildfire near Kartchner Caverns.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy

Though probably not the right time of year to be visiting the caverns, near Benson AZ, just thought I'd warn anyone thinking about it, that there is a wildfire at the top of the Whetstone Mountains, "near" Kartchner Caverns, but the attraction is not yet in danger.  There may be smoke to contend with though.  There are contingents in place to protect structures, but that is about the only place with structures in the immediate area, along with one or two remote ranches, that "could" be impacted.  It was fairly well contained in one of the canyons and on the west side, but the wind shifted and sent it over the ridge to the eastern side, and quickly into the flat grasslands.  It seems to have been slowed in its eastward movement.  I haven't seen today's report, but doesn't seem out of control yet.  Last I read about it, it was moving in an north easterly direction, and they were back burning to keep in in control, which in turn could produce smoke in the area.  About 1,000 acres burned.  This was yesterday's report, as one had not yet been posted when I last looked this a.m. 

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom