Wildlife in Zion NP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
We took a drive through Zion NP park today and got to see some of the wildlife.  The tom turkey was scared witless as 3 emergency vehicles had just flown by him moments before this picture was taken.  The deer was one of 2 that we saw, the other had just crossed the road in front of us and disappeared, but this one posed nicely for a picture.

The picture of the canyon doesn't do justice to the real thing, but does give some idea of the majesty of this park.

Attachments

• Zion Wildlife 1.jpg
    Zion Wildlife 1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Zion Wildlife 2.jpg
    Zion Wildlife 2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Zion NP - 2006-04.jpg
    Zion NP - 2006-04.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 49
The last picture was taken from the overlook at the east end of the tunnel.  It is a 1/2 mile hike out there but well worth it.

Ned said:
The picture of the canyon doesn't do justice to the real thing, but does give some idea of the majesty of this park.

Looks great to me Ned.

Lorna shot the turkey and the overlook, I shot the deer (figuratively speaking :) ).

Here's another angle :D

Attachments

• Zion Turkey.jpg
    Zion Turkey.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 33
I think those turkeys in Zion really like to pose. Here's one I shot last year when we were there.

We stayed at the RV campground about 3 miles east of the eastern entrance. We were the only ones there and had a huge heard of bison in the field right next to us.  50Amp/full hook ups, too.

Chet18013

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Bison.jpg
    Bison.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 29
This turkey was in the middle of the road, stopping traffic, when we heard sirens.  3 emergency vehicles came flying by, just missing the turkey.  I don't think he was very happy :)

We saw the bison herd yesterday.

Chet

We drove by there yesterday. ?Today we may take a drive through Staircase Escalante on the west side, it depends what the dirt/gravel road is like after getting off the paved road on the north end going to Glendale on Hwy 89. ?Will stop at the BLM office here in Kanab and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom