will genny come back on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugsbedel

2018 era winnebago with precision plex touch screen.
question with a/c on if a power go out and comes back on 10 min later will a/c come back on through the precision plex touch screen or do i have to reset
just worried about dogs on hot day when i'm away
thank you
bugs

Excellent question and sorry I do not know the answer but I do have a suggestion. (2 actually, one being RTFM, it **MIGHT** be answered there but I'd not count on it or it might be in "high Technese" which means nobody can understand it).
If you do not have some kind of Surge Guard (Southwire/TRC name for it) or EMS (progressive Dynamics name for it) Get one.. On the PD's if you get the hard wired, and I Recommend hard wired, Set the re-connect timer to "LONG" (You may need to cut a wire).
WHY: In the scenaro you describe.. Every A/C in the park is often trying to start at the same time.> This results in some amazing voltage roller coaster rides. as all the motors draw big amps at once. then overheat and stop due to low voltage and the voltage spikes (Think about water hammer in a poor plumbing install) The RVs electrical system really gets "Hammered"
With the EMS yours is sitting there.. DISCONNECTED for 2-3 minutes.. by that time things have settled down and you are good to re-start.

Best to test what happens by disconnecting power and reconnecting. I would also suggest to be able to monitor the temperature remotely. RVs will heat up very quickly.

In the title you asked about the genny coming back on, but in the text you asked about the a/c and "power go out" without stating shore power or generator outage. Could be explain a bit more about the situation(s) you are worried about?

If the genny stops running, somebody has to restart it unless your RV is equipped with an auto-generator-start feature. If shore power goes out and comes back, it re-powers the RV and most appliances will resume operation. The a/c should restart since the thermostat is likely to still be calling for more cooling.

I'm not familiar with the Precision Plex so can't comment on what it might do to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom