Window reflections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yonder

I've searched and find nothing on this topic. Can't imagine I'm the only one with this challenge. The reflection of light and mirrored images on the driver's side window is so bad that sometimes I cannot see a thing in my mirror. It's the worst when  pointing west and backing east into  darker storage barn. It's so bad that I sometimes opt to wait until dark. If you're familiar with this problem I'd be pleased if you would share any solutions.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Our previous motorhome, a Tiffin Allegro, had the same issue. I know that other brands have had the problem as well. What resolved it for us was removing the thin film of tinting material that was on the inside of that window. In other RVs, some kind of solid barrier had to be installed to block the distracting reflections. I'm sure someone who did it will be able to describe that fix better than I.

Kev

Yes I have the same issue. As for backing into my garage I use a flashlight laying on the floor pointing out the door. When the MH was in the final position in the garage I marked a spot on the floor where to put the light. Now when looking in the mirror I line up the light with the side of the MH and back in. The light can be seen clearly through the reflection.

On my '04 American Tradition the reflection from the right (passenger) side was so bad the factory installed a piece of smokey colored lucite along the left (driver) side windshield pillar to block it. Otherwise the driver quarter window and view of the left side mirror were often totally obscured.

There is no single solution - it depends on where the reflection comes from.

I have the same issue and my window doesnt roll down either. I sure wish it did. Problem solved.

There is also a screen over it that makes it worse, but to slide it open makes it harder to see the mirror since it goes to the side. Ive been considering taking it out, but I like having the screen when I have the window opened after Im parked.

Ever hear of "Night  Visiuon" Glasses these are heavily advertised on TV . They are lightly tinted (usually amber because amber light is the center of the visual spectrum) but POLARIZED to cut glare.

While I can make no guarantee.. I can tell you this.. From my Driver's ed days.

We stopped to admire a stream.  The instructor was talking about a rather large fish in teh stream. NOBODY COULD SEE IT SAVE HIM.

THen I noticed he was wearing sunglasses.
Clipped my polaroids on to my corrective lenses nad .... There it was.  NO glare with the polorized glasses on.. 

ANother name for the plastic get 'em most anywhere (Even if the ad says not sold in stores) is Battle V Vision. but some of those are darker tint.

Yonder said:
I've searched and find nothing on this topic. Can't imagine I'm the only one with this challenge. The reflection of light and mirrored images on the driver's side window is so bad that sometimes I cannot see a thing in my mirror. It's the worst when  pointing west and backing east into  darker storage barn. It's so bad that I sometimes opt to wait until dark. If you're familiar with this problem I'd be pleased if you would share any solutions.

Worse situation for me is trying to turn into a commercial area of some kind on a dark, rainy night with black road surfaces and multiple glaring street & sign lighting. Reflections in all areas of the windows present a challenge.

I appreciate the feedback. At the least it's good to know I am not the only one. Just ordered a pair of night vision lasses and hope that will help. Thanks for the tip. I've done the flashlight in the barn thing and it doesn't help a lot during the day time. I don't think there's any reflective coating on my window which, as others have mentioned, is fixed and cannot be slid out of the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom