Winds in Texas Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CduB63

Travel safely! Sustained winds of 25-35 mph in DFW area and Central Texas from Friday 1/14 9 PM to Saturday 1/15 6PM with gusts in the 50s!

It's a pretty widespread system across much of the Western plains.
We have sustained winds of 35-45, with gusts up in the 50's here in Eastern Colorado.

I was outside most of the day in Midland, it was breezy, not too bad. Sunny, mid 70’s, then clouded over around 5pm.

I don't want to tow in winds that high.

Here in NE Georgia we're expecting 35-40 mph winds Sunday when the ice and snow moves in.

I'll be looking at the forecast your way later this week when I hope to head west to Arizona.

Gorgeous night here East of Austin with clear skies and bright moon. Expect not so nice when we get up in the morning if I can believe my weather app. :(

While I love Texas and respect the pride of the Texan folks....you don’t have the “ everything’s bigger in Texas” market cornered pertaining to “breezy days”😁 ! memtb

It's here. Branches, pine needles and pine cones everywhere. Cold, windy, miserable. You guys up north kindly keep your cold stuff up there please!!
Yep, meant to say West of Austin earlier but pretty much the same here this morning. HOWEVER, spoke to someone back home in Upstate NY who was not sympathetic in the least given it was eight below there.

The Texas wind made it here to southern GA (and so did a lot of heavy hard rain all last night):

"..WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ MONDAY... * WHAT...Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 45 mph. * WHERE...Southeast Alabama...Southwest and South Central Georgia...The Florida Big Bend and eastern Panhandle. * WHEN...Through 1 AM EST tonight. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may be possible. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 26 to 39 mph are expected for at least 2 hours, or gusts between 40 to 57 mph for any length of time are possible. Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects."

And I get to drive this RV in it today! Going from Windy GA into windy N. FL.

-Don- Tifton, GA

"

It's heading up the east coast towards Maryland and beyond today.
And I get to drive this RV in it today! Going from Windy GA into windy N. FL.
Oh my goodness! Hang on to your steering wheel.

I guess you've been there, done that before though.

We're heading north out of Florida and spending an extra night in Tifton Georgia because of the wind warnings north of here. We're retired.. no hurry

We're heading north out of Florida and spending an extra night in Tifton Georgia because of the wind warnings north of here. We're retired.. no hurry
By any chance are you headed here to the Tifton KOA? But I will be leaving here by the checkout time of 1100 hrs. I will probably stay here until the last minute.

If you come here, be sure to take the short hike around the lake right here in the park.

-Don- Tifton, GA

We stayed here last night and when I saw the weather report this morning I added another day
I was in site 38, how about you? I left at exactly the checkout time today, 1100 hrs to the second.

The drive down here wasn't that bad. I have driven RVs in MUCH worse. But perhaps a little less wind as I am going south.

-Don- Jennings, FL (Wecome Center Rest stop)

I was in site 38, how about you? I left at exactly the checkout time today, 1100 hrs to the second.

The drive down here wasn't that bad. I have driven RVs in MUCH worse. But perhaps a little less wind as I am going south.

-Don- Jennings, FL (Wecome Center Rest stop)
We are in 13. Since we aren't in a big hurry to get back to Ohio, we decided to err on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom