Windsheild Vendors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We have developed a crack in our right windshield that is too long to repair. The only glass people I have used was down in Oregon at FMCA a few years ago.

Does anyone have suggestions other than Safelite in the Midwest/Chicago area?

Jeff we cracked a windshield on the PAceArrow coming thru Missoure  while returning to AZ.  Called the Insurance company and told them we'd be in AZ later in the week.  They contacted a glass man and he installed it here at PEM about a week after we returned. Makes it easier and less complicated to let them handle it instead of you.  Heck that's their job.

Jeff -- glass repair should be no deductable and not cost you anything but time to install and a little hurting of the pride.  But for me  pride wasn't hurt I didn't break it so I had nothing to lose.

It turns out that Duncan Systems in Elkhart IN is the supplier of most RV windshields and Progressive turns their glass claims over to Duncan. They are having a w/s shipped to Peoria for us to have installed next week.

Shayne:

Repairs are deductible free, but unfortunartely replacement is subject to your Comprehensive deductible.

Jeff,

Glad you were able to locate a replacement.

Jeff Cousins said:
... replacement is subject to your Comprehensive deductible.

FWIW that's not so with any of my State Farm policies; Windshields have been replaced with no deductible.

Tom said:
Jeff,

Glad you were able to locate a replacement.

FWIW that's not so with any of my State Farm policies; Windshields have been replaced with no deductible.

Tom:

Guess I should say Progressive charges a deductible! ???

Jeff,

I suspect their premiums might be lower though.

Right  both Tom and Jeff  I have State Farm and no deduct  I should have thought of that  Sorry.  Just looked up the check on our premium this year.  $581 for the year on the Pace Arrow.  Guess that's the diff between 3 extra ft and deisel and gas. Have $250 deduct on collision. and 5K med. Glass breakage 0 also 0 Comp.

Glass replacement is a function of both the insurance company and the state where you are insured.  In MT glass breakage is under the comprehensive and is subject to your deductible.  :-((

Jim,

I didn't know that. Should I feel lucky I'm insured in CA?  ;D

Hi Guys

Someone told me Florida Law states that glass repair and/or replacement is totally Free - is that the case ?

Paul

Paul,

Someone has to get paid for the replacement glass and the labour, so it won't be free. However, what I suspect you're thinking about is that you as the vehicle owner won't pay anything out of your pocket. That's what we're talking about here when we say "no deductible". In my case, I have zero deductible for windshield damage, so I wouldn't pay anything and my insurance company would foot the entire bill.

Right on Tom  My Windshile was replaced by State Farm and they also use Duncan.  Nothing out of our pocket now  but rates will probably increase.

Shayne,

I wasn't sure if Paul understood the term "deductible" as it was used in this discussion. I don't recall it being used in that context when we lived in the UK. But that was 25+ years ago.

Shhh  Next thing you know,  you'll be saying you're over 40  LOL  Glad it's all straightened out.

Back
Top Bottom