Windshield wiper switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
I am looking for a windshield wiper switch that looks like the attached.
It is for my motor home. I know I can get it from Fleetwood but the $$$$ is high
I am looking for a less expensive source.
The Fleetwood part number is 10115025 but I cannot match it up

Attachments

• wiper switch.jpg
    wiper switch.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 30
Ford or Chevy Chassis? What year is your coach?
Which ever it is, take switch to appropriate parts department and ask for replacement switch for that year truck.
May still cost a few dollars but without fleetwood markup.

It will definitely be a standard part used in other vehicles, bit identifying it can sometimes be difficult. Since its a 28 year old coach, even Fleetwood may not longer remember Plus they got amnesia when the corporation changed hands several years ago.

Typically the wiper switch does NOT come with a Class A chassis unless it is part of the turn signal stalk on the steering column, so it may not be a Ford or Chevy part.

Often wiper switches are universal unless there is a intermittent function, so maybe you can substitute.  The universal ones usually just have low and high speed, so just three wire terminals.

darsben said:
See my signature ;)
Old eyes, small screen...Take switch to Chevy Dealer parts department. Give information on year of vehicle and ask if they can find replacement. You may be able to find GM part number on actual switch body.
Gary RV_Wizard said:
Typically the wiper switch does NOT come with a Class A chassis unless it is part of the turn signal stalk on the steering column, so it may not be a Ford or Chevy part.
May be true...fingers crossed.

Gary RV_Wizard said:

Fortunately, the Ford F53 chassis does include the wiper switch on the steering column. It's part of the "multi-function switch" and even Amazon carries them at reasonable prices.

I'm not having any luck either. I assume it is dash mounted and controls on, off and variable speed....Trying to cross reference to Dorman products but still no luck.

if you know it's not GM, have you tried a good old fashioned NAPA?  Used to be they had people that knew how to match things fairly often.  Not so sure it's still like that though...

My other thought is contact an RV salvage yard. 
Do they have junkyard networks like the junkyards did when I was a teenager?....where they post a part and other junkyards on the network would also be on the hunt for one....

I was wondering why you were looking for a cheaper one, after all  how expensive can a wiper switch be?  Since $44 is 1/4 the other price that would make it around $176.....pardon me for ever doubting you....that is outrageous.  Heck $44 seems like too much.

I don't know where that switch originated, but I have the same one in my 1993 Hall Chaparall motorhome on a Chevy chassis.  So it's not exclusively a Fleetwood part.

catblaster said:
    I was wondering why you were looking for a cheaper one, after all  how expensive can a wiper switch be?  Since $44 is 1/4 the other price that would make it around $176.....pardon me for ever doubting you....that is outrageous.  Heck $44 seems like too much.

Yep, here you go...  ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fleetwood-RV-wiper-switch-139457-National-RV-/132718651150

Fortunately, the Ford F53 chassis does include the wiper switch on the steering column. It's part of the "multi-function switch" and even Amazon carries them at reasonable prices.
Depends on what year F53 you are talking about, cause a multi-function switch has not always been part of the design. Few Model T's used them!  ;)    I mention this because the OP has a 1990 model year coach and some things were done differently back then. 

NY_Dutch
https://www.oncdsale.top/interior-c-1_954_2105/fleetwood-rv-wiper-switch-139457-national-rv-p-20287.htm

appears to be a scam site. My credit card company (Chase) blocked the transaction.  I called the CC company and they are leery as the seller name on the charge is a persons name (oriental). I get no response from the seller to my emails.
SO I am looking again
I have found a denso product that seems to be the same
http://www.2040-parts.com/denso-windshield-wiper-switch-right-hand-new-059798-0100-i2318403/

I ordered from Rome truck parts for $70.00 all in but in my search I came across the Denso catalog which can be found at
http://www.rometruckparts.com/catalogs/DENSO%20RV%202012.pdf

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Depends on what year F53 you are talking about, cause a multi-function switch has not always been part of the design. Few Model T's used them!  ;)    I mention this because the OP has a 1990 model year coach and some things were done differently back then. 

Good point, Gary. I replaced the multi-function switch on a 1995 F53 a few years ago, but I didn't think about how far back they used them before that.

Back
Top Bottom