Winegard ConnecT 2.0+ /FireTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the difference in the way the data is received?

I just don't understand why there should be any difference.

-Don- Frierson, LA

There is no technical difference. It's just a difference in billing. Hot spot data has more perceived value, so they charge more for it. It could also be that when people hotspot they tend to use more data than when just on the phone. So they charge more for it.

My Winegard is a "Model WF2-95B OUtdoor". On page six is seems to say I should be able to see it as a wireless network as SSID WinegardXXXXX. I have both green lights on the Winegard antenna connector plate. But I do not see anything when I check my wireless for other sites. No difference between off and on. So what am I missing?

-Don- Frierson, LA

I have both green lights on the Winegard antenna connector plate.
Is that a plate for the cell data/mifi/whatever or is it for TV, typically to a batwing antenna. I'm sure your rig came with an antenna (and probably wall plate) for over-the-air TV (most have batwing), so are you sure that is the connection you need?

I see that plate is labeled. Difficult to notice or read because it's in the same color. The left push button switch is labeled as "ant. pwr" and the right switch is labeled as "WiFi pwr". But I do NOT see the SSID in my list of wireless networks with it on. The SSID should be "Winegard2ghzD587E1". I see nothing like that as any of my wireless networks with the Winegard light green, showing it is on.

-Don- Frierson, LA

I see that plate is labeled. Difficult to notice or read because it's in the same color. The left push button switch is labeled as "ant. pwr" and the right switch is labeled as "WiFi pwr". But I do NOT see the SSID in my list of wireless networks with it on. The SSID should be "Winegard2ghzD587E1". I see nothing like that as any of my wireless networks with the Winegard light green, showing it is on.

-Don- Frierson, LA
The salesman who had the rig at a show might have changed the ssid

Have you tried the wifi with the antenna power turned off? Maybe it's supposed to be one or the other, but not both at the same time?

Have you tried the wifi with the antenna power turned off? Maybe it's supposed to be one or the other, but not both at the same time?
Yes, I have. I tried every combo possible, and there is no wifi signal. I also tried the remote reboot mentioned in the manual (turn on for 90 seconds and off, three times). But I have not yet been up on the roof and checked the light and do the local reboot up there

Also, when I scan the bar code on the manual with the Winegard App, it says "Winegard code not recognized".

BTW, can somebody here tell me approximately how much data is eaten up in an hour of watching TV on a FireTV?

-Don- Located here.

BTW, can somebody here tell me approximately how much data is eaten up in an hour of watching TV on a FireTV?

-Don- Located here.
There's too many factors to state a flat number on it. The video format used is the determining factor, not the streaming device. And unfortunately, we don't always have much control over which format is used. The link below goes to an article that spells out a lot of the variations from various sources:

Last edited:
Have you actually found a WIFi device? Where do you think it gets Internet from? Perhaps the unit you refer to is actually an option not on your unit. The user manuals are very geniric.

Have you actually found a WIFi device? Where do you think it gets Internet from? Perhaps the unit you refer to is actually an option not on your unit. The user manuals are very geniric.
That could be. I am going by the instructions in the manual and I never even heard of these ConnecT 2.0 units before.

Almost everything in every manual in this RV starts with the words "if so equipped". Makes them rather worthless, IMO, as I cannot even be sure of what I have or don't have.

-Don- Marianna, FL

Don, I admit to only reading half of this thread but one caution. I had a Verizon unlimited data plan that was unlimited data for anything streamed to our phones. However, it was NOT unlimited for anything streamed to a TV or other devices that used our phone for a hotspot. So make sure to find out if yours is like that.

One way around that is to stream to your phone and simply pug the TV's HDMI cord into your phone with an adapter like this https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-QGee...638071885&sprefix=androis+HDMI,aps,175&sr=8-3

They also make them for Apple lightning connection at 3 or 4 times the price. They work great and can be used on almost any TV (motels, family members. RV, anywhere you have a TV and phone service. You can also view photos and everything else that appears on your phone screen.

BTW, Firestick just enables a dumb TV to act as a smart internet-ready TV. It adds a component that allows streaming if you have an internet connection. I know of nothing you can watch on a Firestick that you cannot view on your phone and display on the TV.

I had a Verizon unlimited data plan that was unlimited data for anything streamed to our phones.
That was already covered here. Uses the same data, but the billing is different. But unlimited is not really unlimited. At least not at the same speed. It slows down after so much data is used.

But I don't have any activated Smartphones. I use a V W/L Hotspot that I use. I don't think it would make any difference if I use it with a Smartphone or the TV direct as I am doing right now.

-Don- Marianna, FL

Perhaps the unit you refer to is actually an option not on your unit.
It looks like you probably figured it out. Here is what I discovered tonight, kinda by accident.

This RV park has a TV cable. I had it connected and the TV was working as a normal TV. But then I decided to prove the signal was really on the cable. I removed the park TV cable and it made no difference at all!

So then I turned off the switch on the WInegard plate. Nothing at all connected connected to the antenna cable input. The TV signal went away as soon as I turned off the Winegard.

So it must be hard wired to the TV in the rear of the Winegard plate, so I need no cable connection to the TV.

Anyway, that switch seems to be for an amplified antenna in my Winegard. It looks like my Winegard is only a simple TV antenna and amplifier. But the manual makes it seem like it is much more. That will also explain why the code wasn't recognized when scanned. All my Winegard is, is a simple antenna and amplifier.

-Don- Ocala North RV Resort, FL

Yup, I have that too! I also found that (for my unit) the Sat connect in the wet bay is a direct connect to a plate above the TV and is I connect the park cable to it and connect it to a cable box from the park, and hdmi to the tv it works.

Yup, I have that too! I also found that (for my unit) the Sat connect in the wet bay is a direct connect to a plate above the TV and is I connect the park cable to it and connect it to a cable box from the park, and hdmi to the tv it works.
I still have not figured out how to use the park TV cable. Too many possible TV input connectors. Five total. One on the Winegard plate, two that are labelled as "input 1 " and input 2" and two more on the thingy for my water inlets outside this RV.

The outside ones would make the most sense.

-Don- Ocala North RV Resort, FL

My suspicion is that with the Winegard turned off connect the park cable again. On the rigs I've owned, off switched to cable, on switc
Thanks, I will try that the next time I am at an RV Park with a TV cable.

Since the only outside TV connections are on my white box that controls the water (what is that thing called?) I assume I screw the park cable into one of those.

-Don- LongPineKey, Everglades, FL

It makes sense, for sure. What's the label on them?
I will go check now . .so hold on for a minute (and I will try not to hit my head, my slides are out!) . . .

I am glad you asked that. It forced me to take a better look. Top=Satellite
Middle=Cable
Bottom=AUX
tvcabin.JPG
I thought there was three labels for two connectors, but I just noticed there is no connector at the bottom for the "AUX".

So obviously, I should connect to the middle one which is really the bottom one on mine.

-Don- LongPineKey, Everglades, FL

Back
Top Bottom