Winegard RV Cable TV Antenna Power Receptacle, what exactly does it do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunshineman6869

I am a relatively new RVer, and my last RV a 2001 Thor had one, and my newer 2016 Evergreen RV has one also. It looks like there is a place to plug something in, and I have not seen a plug configuration like that before. There is also a button to "turn" on power for something, I think.
I have an antenna on the roof of my newer RV, and I have a coaxial cable connection on outside of the RV.
So I need some help in what exactly this power receptacle does, or doesn't do

I am a relatively new RVer, and my last RV a 2001 Thor had one, and my newer 2016 Evergreen RV has one also. It looks like there is a place to plug something in, and I have not seen a plug configuration like that before. There is also a button to "turn" on power for something, I think.
I have an antenna on the roof of my newer RV, and I have a coaxial cable connection on outside of the RV.
So I need some help in what exactly this power receptacle does, or doesn't do
What it sounds like to me is an antenna RF amplifier that you can turn off and on, but to be sure, post a photo as CF-111 asked. Does a little red light light up when you press in that button?

-Don- Reno, NV

Sounds like a typical Winegard antenna connection. The switch is ON (light lit) for antenna use (it enables the signal amplifier), off for cable use. The "place to plug something in" is probably a 12V DC power plug, similar to a cigarette lighter in a car.

Does a little red light light up when you press in that button?
On mine it's green.

What does it do:
First that 12 volt outlet. Might power a night light or a USB charger but you only have a few amps of current before it fails or a fuse pops.
(There may be a fuse behind the plate)
Now ther are usually 4 cable connections. One you see (the threeded fitting) and 3 more (possibly 4) on the back the 3 are "Antenna" "Park cable" and TV 2 (TV 1 is the front) Optional is TV-3
And a pair of 12 volt connectors. + and -

With the switch OFF it selects the park cable as the input to the TV's (all of them) and "Splits" the signal to the TV's. With the switch ON it selects the Rooftop OVER THE AIR antenna. and it Sends 12 volts up the cable to the mast head pre-amp in the antenna. Oh, and it turns on the light to indicate it's "OTA antenna ON"
And that's what it does folks. It's the RF source selector (TV selector RF means Radio Freauency) and power inserter for the roof top antenna.

OPTIONAL is the "Sensar Pro" direct replacement almost.. the TV one connector on the front is now behind it on a short cable, you can do a bit of plastic work and bring it out front if needed.

This is a multi-function device and rather than type all it can do Google it and read the factory flyer
It does it. I had one, it really works.

With the switch OFF it selects the park cable as the input to the TV's (all of them) and "Splits" the signal to the TV's.
I wonder if that is what mine does. I never even tried to use it in my old Y2k RV.

If I am at a place that has TV cable, I may or may not bother with it at all, but if I do, I run in my own cable direct from the park to the TV with the same run as my TW4040 ham antenna.

-Don- Sparks, NV

Sounds like a typical Winegard antenna connection. The switch is ON (light lit) for antenna use (it enables the signal amplifier), off for cable use. The "place to plug something in" is probably a 12V DC power plug, similar to a cigarette lighter in a car.

On mine it's green.
My light is green also. So I turn the green light on for antenna TV, and I turn green light off for cable TV. Thank you all for your responses

Back
Top Bottom