Winnebago Access 2008 24'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

healheelclick

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing the Winnebago Access 2008 24'. What would you think is a fair price? It's in excellent/like new condition and has very low miles (20,000-ish). Thanks!

No clue about a fair price. Low mileage in a motorized RV isn't necessarily a desirable attribute. This that particular unit did a lot of sitting which is not good for the chassis and engine (or gen set.)

It's gas. Has a Ford F350 engine. It's in WA state. I know it's in great shape from about 100 pictures and talking extensively to the owners. It's been kept inside a garage when not used. They drive it some ea month so it isn't just sitting. I will, however, be having a mechanic check it out stem to stern. They want $32K.

To the OP: I looked on RVTrader; not much there re pricing for the rig in question.  A good place to look "where the rubber meets the road" is on PPL's "Sold" site. 

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/mini-motorhomes-sold?sortBy=productName+desc&startIndex=192

This is what people really paid; with no caveats, no bull or whatever.  Unfortunately, I have not found a way to filter the data ..... or even get the site to list the rigs alphabetically; perhaps you can. Otherwise it takes a LOT of scrolling.  Also, when using this site, it is good to know that their "Very Good" condition almost certainly does not mean what one would think it would.  From a PPL salesman: If you want a really well cared-for, clean rig go for "Excellent" ..... or even "Like New".

In the past, I believe I read in at least one forum that the Access was built with the rental market in mind?  Not sure about that..... not that it is a big deal in any event.

Good hunting, and safe travels.  ed s

^^ Great tip  :)) ^^

My brother-in-law sold his Dutchstar on consignment at PPL. Browser tip: For the Firefox browser, Ctrl-F will open up a search box on the lower right of the browser window. Enter whatever search term you want to search that page you're on. Other browsers have search functions as well.

healheelclick said:
It's gas. Has a Ford F350 engine. It's in WA state. I know it's in great shape from about 100 pictures and talking extensively to the owners. It's been kept inside a garage when not used. They drive it some ea month so it isn't just sitting. I will, however, be having a mechanic check it out stem to stern. They want $32K.

F350 is not a engine, F350 is a model of pickup trucks, could it be a E350 chassis with either a V8  or V10 engine.  I think the price is at top NADA book I think it is overpriced.  If you give me more info I will check NADA,  Dick nvrver

I looked at NADA web site and a Access 24v with 21K miles average retail is $22,631. in my ZIP code. 
The only other price they list is low retail.  Looks like they want $10K more than it is worth.  So if you would buy at $32K it would be worth $10K less when you drove it away. 

With generator, electric step & power mirrors add $1,032.  Other items are inc in base price.

Back
Top Bottom