Winnebago Adhesives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhblack

Hello,
I am needing help finding what adhesive and be safely used to reattach the "heating pad" back on my tanks. One had come almost completely loose and the other is starting to peal loose. Not sure I can use "just any" since it has current running in pad to keep tanks from freezing.
Thanks.

It's most likely a two part industrial adhesive from a company I've never heard of and not one you can find at a DIY store. I used this to reattach one of the hood legs to the fiberglass cap. Call Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them.

It's most likely a two part industrial adhesive from a company I've never heard of and not one you can find at a DIY store. I used this to reattach one of the hood legs to the fiberglass cap. Call Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them.
I was afraid of that.
Thanks anyway.

When the heat pads came loose on my View, I clipped the wires, capped them and installed a placard that said "Tank Heaters Removed" at the switch.

Call Lichtsinn RV
and talk to the parts department. They will tell you what to use. I'm betting a urethane adhesive would work best.

Charles

Per the message title you have a winnebago, so if you look up your specific model there will be an adhesive chart in the documentation that will tell you what was used. Though in this case I'm not sure I'd want to repeat that process since it seems to have failed. With that in mind you might find guidance from the heating pad maker. Barring that, I would be considering what would work best in that environment. The temperature there is not extreme, or it'd be a hazard to the plastic tank. I would think something that didn't require air circulation to dry, but would cure like an epoxy or structural adhesive.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Regrettably Winnebago, like most other RV mfgrs. use silicone-containing adhesive and caulking. IMO they do so because it is the lowest priced product available.

Thanks Charles. The sealant callout sheets list Winnie part numbers, useful if you want to order sealants from Winnie. I don't remember if the Sherwin-WInniams paint codes are a CDI (full body paint contractor) unique number or a SW code. I did buy a quart of one of these colors from SW but I don't remember if I supplied the paint code from the Paint Code reference.

What I remember about the paint it was very high quality and a quart was expensive (forgot how much.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom