Winnebago Adverturer 35 Finding a good match for toad ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gbrawley

Considering selling my 42 ft Diesel Pusher CC we bought new in 2003.  My current toad is a Lexus GX older. Thinking of a 30 to 35 ft Adventurer.  Would love to hear from others on board who are towing with a Winnebago towing with a  Ford V10 gas.what is a comfortable weight toad you can tow ?  3500 lbs,  4000 lbs or even 4500 lbs ?  Looking at the newer explorer, edge, acadian etc.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

G Brawley

I think you'll find 3500 lb to be a fair limit for the V-10
Our Saturn Vue weighs in at 3360 and we can definitely feel it back there.

We are towing a 2018 Equinox Diesel weighing 3600 lbs and it is barely noticeable. We have a 2003 Adventurer with the 310 Hp V-10

I think a "comfortable weight " is going to be highly subjective, depending on your inner need for responsive performance. The 33-36 ft modes are rated for towing 4000 lbs but can go up to 5000 if the coach is loaded less than its own max (GVWR). The 27-30 foot models are rated for 5000, simply because the coach is lighter to begin with.

Personally, I'd try to stay at or below 4000 lbs, but 4500-5000 is not out of the question if the coach weight allows for it.  Toad weight is not a big factor in performance on level ground, but it does play when towing up (or down) hills. Toad frontal area (wind resistance) is also a factor when towing.

I tow a 2016 Edge with my '06 Suncruiser 33' (same as adventurer) and no problems at all. It's a heavy car but no problems on hills or anywhere. I like the size of the edge for my daily driver, carries a bike and is very comfortable. There is only one model Edge thats towable for 2019, I don't remember which engine/tran combo it is. Earlier ones have to have the V6.

I have a 2002 Adventurer on a Workhorse chassis and have towed both my Subaru Crosstrek and my cousins Grand Cherokee, not at the same time ;D, and haven't noticed any difference when pulling either.

gbrawley said:
Considering selling my 42 ft Diesel Pusher CC we bought new in 2003.  My current toad is a Lexus GX older. Thinking of a 30 to 35 ft Adventurer.  Would love to hear from others on board who are towing with a Winnebago towing with a  Ford V10 gas.what is a comfortable weight toad you can tow ?  3500 lbs,  4000 lbs or even 4500 lbs ?  Looking at the newer explorer, edge, acadian etc.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

G Brawley

I saw the new 2020 Baby Bronco and it looks nice. I wonder if Ford would even think of making it easily flat towable? I think they could sell quite a few to us RV'ers if they did that.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-ford-adventurer-baby-bronco-scout-what-we-know/

We pulled our 4,600 lb. Jeep Rubicon with a 32 ft. Georgie Boy powered by  V10 without encountering any problems. Towed about as well as it does currently with our Journey.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom