Winnebago Aspect Skid Wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWaterman

Recently purchased a 2013 Winnebago Aspect 27K and was wandering if anyone has put skid wheels on these units.
Someone put 6" skid wheels on my unit and they are needing replacement. They seem big and I am wondering how to possibly determine the correct size. The 6" seem to drag pretty easily.

Thanks

Kirk

I had them on our class A and now on a travel trailer but neiter were that large. The fact that they need replaced seems to show that they are needed. I would look though the choices from Amazon to see what is available. You might be able to just replace the wheels.

Isaac-1

I installed a set of 4 inch skid wheels on my 28 ft class A coach, and they did not last, I shattered one within the first 500 miles of use, I then replaced them with MUCH heavier duty 6 inch skid wheels that was over 10,000 miles ago and they are still going strong. 5 inch might work too, just be careful of going too small.

Laura & Charles

Could be anywhere. Originally from Ohio. Go Bucks!
Our first coach was a 38’ gasser and rear overhang was about as big as it gets. We had no skid wheels. The hitch itself provided a couple of skid plates that were serious gauge steel. We (noticeably) dragged two times over 3.5 years. I considered adding skid wheels after the first time, but didn’t. Maybe not all hitches are the same, but I felt protected enough with that one.
I’ve never really thought about it with this coach, but it has much less overhang so don’t see a need.

Rene T

Site Team
Recently purchased a 2013 Winnebago Aspect 27K and was wandering if anyone has put skid wheels on these units.
Someone put 6" skid wheels on my unit and they are needing replacement. They seem big and I am wondering how to possibly determine the correct size. The 6" seem to drag pretty easily.

Thanks
If you live close to NH, stop by and I’ll give you a set. I’m not shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flkeyseyes
Top Bottom