Winnebago Minnie A/C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Last week we found ourselves in hot temps of 102-104 at our campsite. We were shaded by a large tree which helped some. I set the a/c to 75 degrees, it ran full time and never brought the inside temp below 85. I was disappointed with this, as I thought the a/c would be cabable of more. This is a 2005 rig with ducted heat and air. We did have all the shades down as well. Is this the best we can expect from this unit ?
Also the a/c did drain a fair bit of water from both sides which ran down the gutters and dripped off. I would have thought there was a drain tube of some sort ?

Thanks for the input !

Jack.

\Doubt very much if you will do much better that. Thin walls and cellings, hotter than all get out, one A/C, about as good as you are going to get.  Other day I ran our 37' A and both A/Cs, 111 temp and it brought it down but not any better than yours.  That's a load for these units. Remember also, very much heat comes in thru the windows.  They also are thin even if they a welded glass.  They are not eqivilent to house-hold windows

The standard is about 20 degrees less than outside. If you have a class c like me I  cover the windshield AND take a thick blanket to seal the cab area from the living area. Plus I keep the bathroom door shut. My rig stays very cool even at Havasu or the river.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom