Winnebago Tour 07 Reviews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bernzik

Test drove the Winnebago Tour 07 40ft with 400 pusher and really enjoyed the drive.  This would be my second MH and I was pretty happy with our last Winnebago Brave 27 ft.  Its a big step up and at $190k, is it really a good coach?  We are weekend warriors that mainly get out for the weekend for recreational hobbies.  Any advise or reviews of the coach would be greatly appreciated.

Oh My Gosh!

You are weekend warriors at best, and yet you find yourself in the market for a $190k coach?

Count your blessings man!  Count your blessings!    ;D

Well, the Tour is pretty near Winnebago's top of the line and a decent coach. Some are better than others, since quality is not really consistent in the RV industry. I assume the $190k you mentioned is a discount price, since the MSRP on a Tour is more like $220K and up.

As to whether a Tour is "really a good coach", it depends on what you compare it to. There are a lot of others I would have to consider right along with it, e.g. Holiday Ambassadors & Endeavors, Monaco Diplomat & Knight, Newmar Ventana,  Fleetwood Discovery & Providence, etc. Personally I would lean towards the Endeavor or Diplomat in that price range, but I certainly would not reject a Tour or it's sister, the Itasca Ellipse.

Thanks for the feedback, I test drive those coaches you mentioned.  I tried the Newmar Northstar I believe and it rattled badly on the drive.  Is this a common thing with coaches?  I test drove two different Winnebago Tour and one rattled much worse than the other. 

Rattles? Well, yes, though it varies a lot (as you have seen).  The last one we had squeaked a lot, this one is very, very quiet. Sometimes loud rattling is just some simple thing, like a cover on the stove top not fitting quite right or just not seated properly. But that one or two things can sound so loud as to overpower any other impression. I don't think Winnebago has any corner on either quality or problems. Like the others, they seem to build real good ones followed by real clunkers, all on the same line on the same day.

Like you, and I'm sure many others, I recently went on a four month hunt here in Las Vegas, Phoenix, AZ and Las Angeles, CA for the perfect Motor Home. I set the financial limits at 250K (MSRP numbers) and my wife and I drove pretty much all brands and models.

I had read on the home page of this very good forum about the adventure titled "The 10,000 mile shakedown trip".

We armed ourselves with a good calibrated tire air gauge. We made sure the tire pressure was about 90 lbs for the front and about 95 lbs for the rear as to avoid severe over/under tire pressure. All were diesel pushers. What we found was:

Two MH's of the same model could be like night and day. You have found this to be true.

As far as ride, steering true and straight, sway, rattles, etc.,... money/price is not as big a factor as you would think. Others will disagree, but you are buying the MH, it's your money.

For me, when I got behind the wheel and the MH drove smoothly, tracked straight down the freeways of LA, didn't rattle or feel like it was shaking apart, most importantly it felt like a JOY TO DRIVE (I almost lit a cigar but I remembered I didn't smoke).  It was as easy to drive as a big pickup truck with a slightly "mushier" ride and I knew it was the one for me.

You may want to try other makes and models you never thought about. Maybe you will find the one that makes you say "Okay, let's talk money".  You will know if you find "the one".

Motor homes, money and quality control are seldom mentioned in the same sentence. That is not a derogatory statement. Keep looking, and think "A JOY TO DRIVE".

Thanks again to all for the feedback.  I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can test drive some more coaches and I'll post my findings.  Now that I know all the features that are important to me, undercoach a/c, 400 pusher, jack brake, etc... it really does come down to which one is the most JOY to drive.  Thanks to this forum and all your feedback I'm starting to enjoy the purchase process more.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom