Winnie 2005 Vectra inside and outside level indicators don't agree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

Rookie DO owner. My Vectra has an inside tank level display and another at the water compartment. The outside one seems more accurate, at least it shows empty after a dump. The inside black water display is always 2/3's.

Doesn't make sense as seems unlikely there are separate sensor sets for each display.

can anyone suggest what is happening.

Can you see where the sensors are stuck on the side of the tank,? If so, how many do you see?

Please put the make/model, year and floorplan in your signature.

Was your Vectra an 04 or an 05? Early models of the Vectra/Horizon used interior tank sensors and they were a disaster, then Winnie switched to exterior sensors which work fairly well assuming the tank walls are kept really clean.

Look over my Horizon projects link in my signature, among many improvements and modifications was installing a Garnet SeeLevel digital tank monitor. Works great and is very dependable. You will never be able to keep your tank monitor working 100% of the time.

Yeah, I have the same issue on my 04... inside and outside lights don't always match, though are close enough for me. For example, when filling the water tank, the inside lights will hit "Full" and I'll go out to turn off the water, but the outside panel still says 3/4 for about 30 secs, then it gets to "Full" too. Never figured out why they aren't perfectly in synch but hasn't been that much of an issue. As far as I know, this is unrelated to the dirty sensor issues on the dark tanks... that's gunk on the sensor. This is an issue of the two panels not being in synch light-wise.

thx everyone. thought I had added coach details previously. will make another attempt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom