Winnie Vectra Basement A/C service question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

Basement A/C not working because the fan that moves air across the heat exchanger coil is seized up. Tried giving it a push but can't get it to run.

Called around to 1/2 dozen RV places and no one will work on it (even the really big service shops.)

Unit is not on a slide out frame so it must be dropped somehow to get access for service. Since I can't find anyone to work on it I am wondering how it is removed from the coach and if this is even something that should be attempted by a DIY'er. I'm not concerned about replacing the fan if I can get to it.

Mark in MN

I've dropped mine three times, ideally you need a hydraulic lift table and patience. Member "Duner" has a great writeup here in the library about basement air repair.

I've dropped mine three times, ideally you need a hydraulic lift table and patience. Member "Duner" has a great writeup here in the library about basement air repair.
Yep, it covers both gas chassis and diesel chassis. Sounds like the bronze pillow bushings are seized, they should be oiled annually. Now they should be replaced with sealed bearings like in Duner's write-up.

"Sounds like the bronze pillow bushings are seized, they should be oiled annually" - this would suggest that the bushings can be lubed without removing the unit from the coach? is that the case? (it doesnt seem reasonable to me that an annual maint task would require removal but maybe I'm wrong.)

thx
mark in MN

"Sounds like the bronze pillow bushings are seized, they should be oiled annually" - this would suggest that the bushings can be lubed without removing the unit from the coach? is that the case? (it doesnt seem reasonable to me that an annual maint task would require removal but maybe I'm wrong.)

thx
mark in MN
As John said, unit must be removed for maintenance. The OEM bronze bushings have an oil cup on top that require oil replacement; thus the recommendation to replace them with sealed bearings.

Back
Top Bottom