WINNTEC 6020 Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hnewto70

I have a 2018 Cougar TT That I had to change the propane regulator on last year after the hoses started to leak. Ordered new one and installed it on the trailer. Yesterday I was preparing to go on a trip when I noticed a smell coming from the front of the trailer and upon investigation, heard a hissing sound and found the left hose had separated from the tank connection. I was looking for a number to call about this when I noticed a massive recall about these regulators and the lack of replacement parts. Is there a replacement for this regulator from a different manufacturer maybe? I don't want to chance a cross country trip and the other hose separating. Any ideas would help. Thanks.

LP gas regulators are a commodity part and you can use any brand of regulator you like, but I doubt if the Winntec will pay for a substitute. You can get a new crossover (dual feed) type regulator for about $70 on Amazon. More at an LP or RV dealer store. Probably worth it to get back on the road again quickly.

LP gas regulators are a commodity part and you can use any brand of regulator you like, but I doubt if the Winntec will pay for a substitute. You can get a new crossover (dual feed) type regulator for about $70 on Amazon. More at an LP or RV dealer store. Probably worth it to get back on the road again quickly.
Thanks for the quick response. There are several rv dealerships here in Arizona close to me. Amazon is out of stock for now. I’m going next week to get one.

Lets be very clear here...Winntec has not recall their regulators yet. The coach manufacturers out of public safety recalled them so far. Please make sure if you replace yours yourself that you do not replace it with the exact same make and model unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom