Winter is comimg! Are you ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It goes away, just not quickly enough. Although the older I get the months and years go by way too fast. The clock is ticking.

It goes away, just not quickly enough. Although the older I get the months and years go by way too fast. The clock is ticking.
For a full-timer, winter never comes. Southen Florida is in the mid 80's this week. But a bit wet. If you prefer drier Decembers, Yuma, AZ, etc.

But that would be too cold for some people, such as @SeilerBird, as it's only 70° F. there in Yuma this week.

-Don- Reno, NV

In Western Colorado we love the cold, snow, and clear dry sunny skies. Can't wait to get back home from Virginia. The ski resort just 6 miles from our home has been open since November 25th with a 32" snowbase.

Top 10 states average snowfall
1.89 inchesVermont
2.77 inchesMaine
3.71 inchesNew Hampshire
4.67 inchesColorado
5.64 inchesAlaska
6.60 inchesMichigan
7.55 inchesNew York
8.51 inchesMassachusetts
9.51 inchesWyoming
10.46 inchesWisconsin

We have been cycling from 50 degrees to single digits this last week. The wind has been howling too. The the wind chills dropped down to negative numbers. Brrrrr! The rig is in hibernation until after Christmas, and we are the same way!

Attachments

• 46AF9C14-1303-4D93-AD7E-EE3C73558DDF.png
    46AF9C14-1303-4D93-AD7E-EE3C73558DDF.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
When we were in Florida in December of 2009 it was 4°C. 🥶🥶
I almost forgot . . . . I started to notice the winter when I got to Louisiana when I hit their near record cold. Was quite a bit colder there than 4°C / 40°F.

What part of Floridia were you in? The Everglades is quite a bit warmer than up north. But I didn't hit any 4°C / 40°F weather while I was anywhere in Floridia December last year.

-Don- Reno, NV (32°F/ 0°C here right now)

I almost forgot . . . . I started to notice the winter when I got to Louisiana when I hit their near record cold. Was quite a bit colder there than 4°C / 40°F.

What part of Floridia were you in? The Everglades is quite a bit warmer than up north. But I didn't hit any 4°C / 40°F weather while I was anywhere in Floridia December last year.

-Don- Reno, NV (32°F/ 0°C here right now)
We were mostly at Kissimee but even the Keys was cold.

Some of the theme park rides were closed as it was too cold to run them. 🙃

Here is a website I visit for some recent Sierra Nevada conditions. Cameras are not always updated but it can be informative.
For CA, try this one.

On I-80, I use Castle Peak or Soda Springs to check the summit at 7K feet elevation on the west side. More snow on the west side of the summit and I check for the worse conditions for when I go between Reno and Auburn (often via motorcycle).

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom