Winter RV Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macminn18

We are thinking of doing one of the camping shows this winter. Quaratzite in AZ and the Tampa RV show are 2 that would work into our plans and are still on! Unfortunately we won't be camping at them.

We have a travel trailer currently, and want to start looking for our next rig, a 5th wheel. Does anyone have insight on which of these would be the best to go to?

If there are other for us to consider, especially to get out of the cold in MN, please let us know. Thanks in advance! 

We have been to both over the years.  They are distinctly different.  The Tampa Show is advertised as the largest in the US/world.  It offers virtually every make and model RV made all within the Florida State Fair grounds.  On the other hand the Quartzsite show is spread out throughout the town with all the major RV dealerships showing their product over what we felt was greater room for display.  Both offer a lot of ability to see what is available. 
    If you are not taking your RV with you, you will find it difficult to find accommodations at Quartzsite, but you would be able to meet a number of Forum members who annually set up in the same area, have nightly Happy Hours, etc.  Look for information on strings on the Forum.  We stayed at a motel in Blith CA about a half hour west of Q one year when we went without our RV.  Whereas, Tampa is a large city, lots of local places to stay, and you might be able to meet up with Forum Member who at camped locally.
    All that said, either would suit your needs.

Ed

I have never been to any of the giant RV shows, the largest one I have attended is the Houston indoor RV show (largest RV show in Texas), which primarily features RV's for sale and little else.  My problem with such an event is information overload, with hundreds of RV's of every type all under one roof, after a  couple of hours of looking everything starts to blur together.

Isaac-1 said:
I have never been to any of the giant RV shows, the largest one I have attended is the Houston indoor RV show (largest RV show in Texas), which primarily features RV's for sale and little else.  My problem with such an event is information overload, with hundreds of RV's of every type all under one roof, after a  couple of hours of looking everything starts to blur together.

And over half the models you want to see are not there anyway.

My advice is to look to see the floorplan that suits you, then take a few digital pictures and label them as to make, model and price.  Take your time to see all the RVs and don't be pushed into buying there at the show as you almost always can negotiate them down to the "show price".  There usually lots of used RVs being shown too.

Ed

Research in advance the floor plans you think you like. Then, see which dealers are likely showing units of companies you like. This makes the March through the show more productive. Make notes of all units you go in to (especially make, model, and GVWR). Do not buy. Then, go home and talk over what you learned and maybe you now know what you want.
Next, put up an RVtrader search for the model you want and check it often.

We spent 2 years researching and then 6 months looking (just seeing what is out there) and then, one day, the one we wanted was not only $7k under market, but only 8hrs away. We bought it.

We went t every RV show in the northeast for 2 years to see if there was somehow a model that was better than the one we wanted. Didn?t find one which was good. It re enforced that our choice was still right.

Research in advance the floor plans you think you like. Then, see which dealers are likely showing units of companies you like. This makes the March through the show more productive. Make notes of all units you go in to (especially make, model, and GVWR). Do not buy. Then, go home and talk over what you learned and maybe you now know what you want.
Next, put up an RVtrader search for the model you want and check it often.

We spent 2 years researching and then 6 months looking (just seeing what is out there) and then, one day, the one we wanted was not only $7k under market, but only 8hrs away. We bought it.

We went t every RV show in the northeast for 2 years to see if there was somehow a model that was better than the one we wanted. Didn?t find one which was good. It re enforced that our choice was still right.
Do you happen to know if there are any upcoming shows in the northeast?

Back
Top Bottom